Status: Feedback is appreciated. :)

Running

1/1

Tony Genetti had been running for what felt like an eternity. In actuality he had only been on the run for three days; however, when you're running from Big Rick, it makes everything seem like it's going in slow motion.

The snow was falling in thick, wet flakes at an alarming rate. He had better hurry if he wanted to make it to the dock before the weather got to be so bad he couldn't see out of his window. The engine in his car roared as he sped down the highway toward the harbor, his windshield wipers swiping back and forth quickly to clear his vision of the road before him.

Frank Sinatra came softly from the speakers in an attempt to calm his nerves and clear his mind, though whether or not it was helping at all was up for debate. His heart started racing when he saw two headlights come foggily into sight in his rearview mirror. He pressed down harder on the acceleration pedal and breathed a sigh of relief as he saw the dock coming into view.

He had already bought his ticket and he patted his chest pocket to reassure himself it was still there. He swerved into the lot and came to a halt in one of the spaces closest to the dock. He made his way towards the boarded pathway leading out over the water. Like a large plank off a ship, he thought morbidly to himself. His feet nearly slipped out from underneath him a few times on the ground, slick with snow that was beginning to freeze into ice.

He looked behind him once as he neared the dock only to see, to his own horror, Big Rick's black town car was pulling into the lot. Why had he been so stupid as to cross someone as powerful as him? Did he really have any chance of making it on to the ship alive? And even if he did, why would that stop Big Rick from searching for him beyond that?

Tony was so lost in thought he nearly ran straight into the back of a very large man, but by the time he saw him he didn't have enough time to dart smoothly around him. Instead he tripped himself and landed in a heap on the ground. He scrambled to pick himself up and chanced a glance over his shoulder to see that Big Rick's peon's were gaining on him, with the big man himself strolling along behind them at a leisurely pace, cane in hand.

"Shit," Tony muttered under his breath as he made his way to the ramp up to the boat.

"Ticket, please," an older gentleman asked. Tony began fishing it out of his pocket and gave it to him with a shaky hand, watching the men get closer and closer. The old man gave him an okay and he raced onto the ship, his "getaway."

He was seated inside the ship's café, a coffee in hand, trying to enjoy the ride. It would be another couple days before they were on land again. He settled in deeper to the cushioned chair and closed his eyes.

"Don't get too comfortable just yet Tony, m'boy," a deep gravelly voice said behind him. He felt short plump finger wrapping themselves around the curve of his shoulder, the nails at the ends of each digging into him. "We have some talking to do. Let's take a walk, shall we?"

Tony knew immediately who it was and that this was not a request, it was a demand. He followed Big Rick to a secluded part of the ship. Secluded was an understatement; it was entirely deserted, save for the two of them. Big Rick stood beside the railing, looking out over the water as it passed by. Tony followed suit, apprehensive about getting too close.

"You know what you did," Rick stated.

Of course Tony knew what he did. He got himself into a mess. He was good at that sort of thing. He'd get himself into a hole and then dig himself deeper and deeper in an attempt to get out. This time, he dug too deep.

Before he knew it, a bullet had shattered his right knee cap, then another had done the same to the left. Pain was coursing its way through ever inch of his body and he heard a terrible shrieking, which he was certain was coming from himself. Wind was rushing past him before his body splashed into the icy water. He tried to keep himself afloat, but without the use of his legs, it was useless. Numb; that's all he felt as he was fully engulfed by the frigid waters, then darkness overtook him. Tony Genetti was no longer running.