Status: Active- Please comment!

Purified

Wait...

The way she said his name floored him.

Please don't stop me, his inner monologue groaned.

"What is it?" James asked softly, and kindly. He could understand how she feeling, or at least he was trying to.

"I-" She stuttered, and pulled herself out from beneath him. James let out an audible groan this time.

"It's okay," James stated, pulling himself to a sitting position on the edge of his bed. "Tell me what's going on."

James reached his hand out to Sienna, letting her know it was okay and he wasn't angry with her. Sienna took his hand and let him pull her onto his lap.

"Jesus," James sighed as he felt her shaking and her cold hands in his warm ones. "You didn't have to do this for me, Sienna."

"I thought I was ready," Sienna replied honestly. "I wanted to be ready. I felt like I had forced you to wait long enough. I mean it's not like you're my boyfriend or anything, I have no real reason to keep you with me. So I figured if I didn't have sex with you soon that you'd just toss me to the side."

"Sienna," James stated, actually quite hurt by her words. He knew they weren't a lie, and that's what hurt him. He had done that to people before, but he didn't want to do that to Sienna. Or at least a part of him wanted him to, but he wouldn't.

"I know that's a horrible thing to say about someone," Sienna sighed. "Especially someone I like as much as you. But it's happened to me before, so what's stopping it from happening again?"

"I'm going to be one hundred percent honest with you right now, okay?" James asked. Sienna nodded, turning and looking at him completely.

"I really like you, Sienna. More than I thought I would. You're cute, and you're fun, and you're easy to be with. It just feels good hanging around you," James stated. "But I need to have sex. Not tonight, maybe not in a week, but at some point, I need sex. And I would definitely like if it was with you."

Sienna nodded and played with the hair at the nape of his neck.

"But that doesn't mean I want you to force yourself into doing something you're not comfortable with," James stated, making her look at him. "Thinking you're ready and actually being ready are two totally different things."

"How do you know when you're ready?" She asked him softly, avoiding his eyes.

"You just do," James replied. "I know that's probably the worst answer I could give you, but you just know. Things just happen, and you don't really think about it. You were shaking so badly a few minutes ago, and it was passed the point of anticipation. I think you were actually scared, Sienna. I don't want you to do this for me. I could never forgive myself if you did this just for me."

"You're a really nice guy, James." Sienna smiled softly, looking at him again. She could tell in his eyes that he was being sincere and not just buttering her up. He meant what he was saying.

"I have a younger sister," James stated. "And I've recently started thinking about how I'd like guys to treat her. And the way I wanted guys to treat her was the not the way I was treating women. I think it kind of made me a hypocrite."

"How did you treat women?" Sienna asked. She was a little concerned. She hadn't really heard anything bad about James, but that doesn't mean he was perfect.

"I would sleep with them a few times and not call them again," James replied. "I mean, I like to think I was nice about it, but I realize there could have been women who really could have liked me who I just tossed to the side and I never gave them a second chance."

"I would never want anyone to treat my sister like that," James continued. "If she really liked him and he just used her for sex, I would be livid. I don't think I want to do that anymore. It worked at the time, but I don't think it's what I want anymore."

"That's really nice," Sienna smiled softly, running her fingertips over his jawline.

"What do you need?" James asked, adjusting her on his lap. "What do you need to feel comfortable with me?"

"I'm going to say the thing I probably shouldn't say," Sienna exhaled. "I need to be in a relationship. Casual sex just isn't for me. If it were I wouldn't still be a virgin in my 20's. It works for you and Gianna and tons of other people our age, but not for me. I need to know that you're mine and that you won't be gone in the morning."

James nodded. "I haven't been in a relationship for a long time."

"I don't need it right away," Sienna replied. "I'd just like to know that it's an option. That's just the kind of person I am. I like relationships."

"Is it okay if we go on a few dates before we decide on anything concrete? I know we've been hanging out for a while, but I'd like to kind of do this right," James replied.

"You're like, the coolest guy ever. Do you know that?" Sienna smiled, straddling his lap and kissing his lips again. "Thank you, James. Thank you for being so understanding about this."

James nodded and held onto her hips. He pressed his forehead to hers waiting for her lips to come in contact with his again. He meant what he had said about dating her for real before a relationship. He did like her, and he figured he would try a relationship. Who better to try out a relationship with than Sienna? He trusted her and he hoped that she trusted him.

James laid back on his bed, pulling Sienna with him. Sienna laid beside him with her leg resting over his waist and her hand resting on his chest.

"That bellybutton ring almost did me in," James mumbled, his eyes closed.

Sienna blushed and laughed softly. "I got it only about two years ago. It was a gift to myself."

"That's a wonderful gift," James laughed, opening his eyes and looking at her. "You wear it well."

"Thank you," Sienna smiled, cuddling a little closer to him. James placed his hand on her thigh and shut his eyes again.

"Do you want to stay over?" James asked. It was getting late, and he didn't want to have to worry about her getting home safely.

"That'd be nice," Sienna nodded. James got out of bed and grabbed one of his old 412 t-shirts and a pair of sweatpants with a waist tie. He hoped she would toss the sweatpants, he always loved the look of a woman in just his t-shirt.

James directed her to the bathroom while he got changed himself into this pajama pants and no shirt. He crawled into bed and waited for her to come out.

"I hope you're okay with sleeping in bed with me," James stated when he heard her open the door. "I have a spare room if it makes you uncomfortable."

"I don't mind," Sienna replied, walking out of the bathroom. "I hope you don't mind that I don't like sleeping in pants."

"I'm definitely fine with that," James smirked, shifting over in the bed to let her in. Sienna crawled into bed with him and cuddled up against him.

"Are you wearing socks?" James asked, running his toes over her feet.

"I can't sleep without socks on!" Sienna replied, looking up at him.

"Seriously?" James asked, grabbing her thigh and pulling it over his waist.

"The feeling of cold sheets between my toes grosses me out," Sienna replied, wiggling her toes in her socks.

James laughed and kissed her forehead.

"You're really cute, do you know that?" James asked, pressing his forehead to hers.

"Thank you," Sienna replied, running her fingertips over his bicep tattoo.

"Do you have one?" James asked, touching her shoulder where he suspected her tattoo was. He'd seen it on their very first date, but never saw much more of it.

"I do," Sienna nodded.

"What is it?" James asked, licking his lips.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Sienna smirked. She kissed his mouth, tugging at his hair a little before turning over nestling into his bed.

"Tease," James mumbled, grabbing her and pulling her back against him. James spooned her and kissed her shoulder over her shirt before they both fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this probably wasn't how most of you wanted it to go! But this is the reality of Sienna's character. Besides good things come to those who wait ;)
This chapter was mushy and cute, and I'm jealous of this fictional relationship I have created.