Status: Active- Please comment!

Purified

I've Never Told a Lie

On Thursday Sienna went to the CEC with Vero and they sat together during the game. Sienna still couldn't get Heather's words out of her head. When Sienna and Vero sat down Sienna looked around, looking for Heather.

"What's up?" Vero asked. "You're pretty quiet."

"Can I ask you something?" Sienna asked, looking at Vero.

"Of course," Vero nodded. "What's on your mind?"

"The other night at the bar when Heather and I went to the bathroom she said something that kind of bothered me," Sienna stated, playing with the hem of the Neal jersey James had given her.

"I know those bathrooms are scary, but I've never contracted anything. I think she was just trying to scare you," Vero replied automatically.

"No," Sienna laughed, thankful for Vero's misinterpretation. "Not about catching something in the bathroom."

"Oh," Vero blushed, laughing softly. "What is it then?"

"When Heather and I were in the bathroom she asked me if I had slept with Jordan," Sienna asked.

"Did you?" Vero gasped, eyes wide. "Does James know?"

"No!" Sienna replied quickly. "I'm a virgin and I'm here for James. God, why does everything think I'm a bed hopper?"

"We'll get to the virgin thing in a minute," Vero stated, waving it off. "But what did Heather say?"

"She said she knew Jordan cheats, and that a lot of the guys on this team do cheat on their girls," Sienna stated. "Is that true?"

"By 'is that true' do you mean 'will James'?" Vero asked, smiling softly.

Sienna nodded and looked towards the ice at the boys warming up.

"Look," Vero stated, holding onto Sienna's wrist. "Whatever James has done in the past, that's what he did. He can't change it, I can't change it and neither can you. Jordan might grow up one day, and he might not. That's his decision to make. James has been a grown man ever since he moved here from Dallas."

"What do you mean?" Sienna asked, spotting number 18 out on the ice.

"From what I've seen and from what Marc has told me James takes care of himself," Vero stated. "James would occasionally go out with a girl a few times, and then two weeks later I'd see him with someone else. Nothing bad ever went around about him, so I'm guessing he was a gentleman to the girls he took around. They never came to any games, or if they did they weren't with me. I can honestly tell you, Sienna, I think he wants to do it right with you."

Sienna nodded and stood up for the national anthem. Sienna watched James as he stood out on the ice. He looked up at the ceiling, then down at his skates. She wondered what he thought about during the anthems.

"So tell me about this virgin thing," Vero whispered when they sat back down.

"Vero," Sienna scolded, side-eyeing her new friend.

"I want to help!" Vero laughed. "If it makes you feel any better I've only ever been with Marc."

"Really?" Sienna asked.

"Yeah! We started dating when we were 15 years old," Vero smiled. "I had just kissed guys before, but I've only ever had sex with Marc."

"That's actually really sweet," Sienna smiled.

"Look," Vero stated, making sure all Sienna's attention was on her. "You cannot force sex. I can tell right now you're stressing about it and wondering how low James'll wait until he realizes he can't wait any longer and leaves. If James will not wait for you, then he is not the guy you want."

"A man that respects you and truly cares for you will wait," Vero stated. "Marc waited for six months when he and I first started dating. I wasn't ready until I was almost 16 years old to have sex, and yeah that was a little soon, but I don't regret it. Because I waited until I truly trusted Marc and I waited until I knew that it was exactly what I wanted."

"I want it with James, but-"

"You're not ready," Vero finished for her. "And, sweetie, that's okay. It's okay to not be ready. It doesn't make you less of a person because you're not having sex while other people are. It just means your first time will be a hell of a lot better than theirs."

Sienna laughed and leaned onto Vero.

"Thank you," Sienna sighed. "You're a good friend."

"You're going to need one if you're going to be Neal's girl," Vero smiled, resting her head on top of Sienna's.

Sienna and Vero sat and watched the game together, cheering when the boys won. Vero and Sienna sat for a little while longer, watching the stands become empty.

"Just be honest with him," Vero stated after a bit of silence.

"I have been,"

"Good," Vero nodded. "Keep doing that. Never ever tell a lie, I know that's like the golden rule of life, but you seriously need to be honest with him. Tell him what you need, what you like, what you don't like- and let him know all the time. James is forgetful and he doesn't have a lot of people on his side. I know he has the team, but a lot of them have families, so he's on his own out here. If he's serious about you, he'll need you to be one hundred percent truthful with him."

"I will be," Sienna nodded. "I couldn't lie to him."

"Good," Vero smiled. "I trust that you're as nice as you put forth."

"I like to think so," Sienna laughed softly as the girls stood up to go and see the guys.

"Hey," James smiled at Sienna as he walked out of the dressing room in his suit.

"Good game," She smiled up at him.

"Thank you," James smiled, kissing her forehead. "Did you have a good time?"

"I did," Sienna nodded. "Vero and I had a lot of fun."

"Good," James smiled, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "I'm glad. Do you want a ride home? Vero brought you here, right?"

"Yeah, she did. A ride home would be nice," Sienna nodded, smiling up at him.

"Let's go," James smiled, leading her out to the parking lot.

"Do ever feel really tired after a game?" Sienna asked as they drove through Pittsburgh, and back towards Sienna's apartment.

"Sometimes," James nodded. "Mostly just winded. I get tired in about an hour or so, but for a little after a game it's mostly adrenaline."

"I've never skated," Sienna blurted out.

"You what?" James asked, smirking. "Never skated? You're from Ontario and you've never skated?"

"It always scared me," Sienna replied, staring at the road in front of them. "I was always terrified of falling and smashing my mouth of the ice."

"Well," James smiled, briefly looking over at her as he turned into her complex. "I will take you one day, and I promise I won't let you fall."

"I don't know, James..."

"What have you got to lose?" James smiled, putting his car in park.

"My teeth? My dignity?"

James laughed and got out of the car and opened her door for her.

"Just say 'yes'," James smiled when he pulled her out of the car. "Trust me, I won't let you fall down."

"Do you promise?" Sienna asked as she put her hands on his chest and his hands rested on her hips.

"Would I lie to you?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I really like to think that Vero is somewhat the "mother" figure of the Pens. She seems like such a sweet woman.

Please let me know what you guys think! I didn't get any comments last time! I'd really like to get people's reactions!