Status: Active- Please comment!

Purified

A Chance

"Ready for this?" James smirked, looking over at Sienna as she sat in his car.

James and Sienna were joining Evgeni Malkin, Kris Letang, Pascal Dupuis and Paul Martin for dinner at some restaurant in downtown Pittsburgh.

"No!" Sienna laughed, fixing her lipstick. "I don't have Vero as my cushion!"

"Looks like you just have to rely on me," James smirked, unbuckling his seatbelt.

"I'm doomed!" Sienna groaned playfully before getting out of the car with him. James playfully bumped her shoulder with his before leading her into the restaurant.

"Go on," James laughed, putting his hand on her lower back and pushing her towards the table.

"Guys, this is Sienna," James smirked. "That's Pascal, Paulie, you remember Kris and this is Geno."

"Nice to meet you all," Sienna smiled, giving a small wave. "Good to see you again, Kris."

"You, too." Kris smiled.

James pulled out Sienna's seat for her, before sitting next to her. Sienna sat between James and Evgeni. Sienna felt like she should have been intimidated by Evgeni, but she wasn't. He kept smiling at her and asking her questions all through the night.

"Where are you from, Sienna?" Evgeni asked as everyone looked at a menu and James joked with Paul.

"I'm from Manatoulin Island in Ontario," Sienna smiled.

"Why you come to Pittsburgh?"

"I always wanted to come here," Sienna smiled up at him. "And my dad's a huge Steelers fan."

"Good!" Evgeni cheered, an enormous smile on his face. "I love Steelers."

"Me, too," Sienna laughed. "I'm a big fan. Troy Polamalu is my favourite."

"Mine, too!" Evgeni cheered. "We go see Steelers some time."

"That'd be awesome," Sienna smiled. She turned her attention from Evgeni and back to James who put his hand on her knee.

"I told you," He muttered into her ear. "I told you he'd steal you from me."

Sienna smiled and leaned into him a little bit.

"Do you know what you want?" James asked, slinging his arm over the back of her seat.

"I'm not too sure," She replied. "What do you think I should have?"

"I think you should have something big for dinner because we're going skating after," James smirked, averting his eyes from his menu to hers.

"You look like I just told you that we were all going to jump a guy after this," James laughed. "It's fine, Sienna!"

"Did you know this?" Sienna asked Geno, spinning to look at him.

"Da," He nodded, hiding a smile.

"You're supposed to be on my side!" Sienna stated, playfully hitting his shoulder.

"I didn't know I would like you!" Evgeni laughed, James laughing along with him. "What if I no like you? But you are my friend now."

"You're lucky you're cute," Sienna scoffed before turning to James.

"And me?" James smirked, giving her a wide smile.

"I guess you're pretty cute too, Neal," She smirked, grabbing his chin with her right hand.

"I'll keep you safe, promise," James laughed, rubbing her shoulder.

"Can I trust him?" Sienna asked Paul. Paul laughed and looked between James and Sienna before nodding his head.

"He's a good kid," Paul smirked. "I think he'll keep you upright."

"All right," Sienna smiled, looking up at James. "I suppose I'll trust you. For now."

"All I ask is that you give me a chance," James laughed.

Everyone had dinner together before James and Sienna left to go to their next stop, which was the arena to skate. Both James and Sienna were relieved at how well Sienna got along with his teammates, especially Geno.

"How do you know those will fit me?" Sienna asked when they parked in the player's lot and James pulled a pair of skate out of his trunk.

"I asked Gianna what your shoe size was," James smirked, shutting his trunk and leading her into the arena.

"You are so set on me skating, aren't you?" Sienna asked as she stared at their joined hands. They had held hands a couple of times, but something about this time made her feel safer and more at ease.

Probably because you're about to die attempting to skate her inner monologue stated.

"I am completely set on you skating," James smirked, leading her to the bench so they could put their skates on. "What kind of guy would I be if I didn't teach you to skate?"

"A safe and cautious one," Sienna replied, sitting on the cold bench and watching his quickly put his skates on.

"Sometimes I am," James laughed. "Not all the time. Take off your shoes."

Sienna did as told and took off her shoes, making little fists with her toes to keep them warm. James smiled and turned her to face him. He grabbed her left foot and held it in his warm hands.

"Better?" He asked as he gently rubbed her feet, creating a friction.

Sienna nodded and watched him as he helped her put her skates on.

"Tight?" He asked as he laced up her skates.

"Yeah," She replied. "Are they supposed to be that tight?"

"Unfortunately, yes," James laughed, moving to her right foot. He warmed up her foot much like he had with her left one and Sienna couldn't but smile. He was taking such good care of her, even with something as small as helping her put on skates. It felt nice to be looked after in such a way.

"You could really hurt yourself if they aren't tight enough," James replied, finishing up lacing her other skate.

"You're quick at that," Sienna stated softly, more to herself than him.

"Lots of practice," James smiled, looking at her. "Ready for this?"

"Nope," Sienna replied, shaking her head. James laughed and stood up, opening the door to the bench. He got on the ice and stood there with his hands out for her to take.

"I swear on my little sister that I won't let you fall," James smiled, waving her over to him. "I wouldn't let anything happen to her, and I won't let anything happen to you. Not while I'm right here."

"Why do you have to be so cute and persuasive?" Sienna groaned, sliding down the bench before standing up and wobbling on her skates. James' hands flew to her hips, keeping her upright.

"Put one foot down," James ordered gently, looking at the fear and concentration on her face. "Look at me."

"You just want me to tell you that you're cute again," Sienna stated as she shakily put her right foot on the ice and squealed.

"Guilty," James laughed. "Okay, now put your other foot down. I promise that I have you. Trust me."

Sienna nodded and put her other foot down, screaming as she wobbled again. James laughed and wrapped his arms around her waist to keep her upright.

"What now?" Sienna asked as she held onto him as tightly as she could.

"I'm going to take your hands and lead you around the ice," James stated, letting go of her waist.

"Don't let go of me, James!" She squealed, reaching for him. James laughed and grabbed her hands.

"I've got you!" He laughed, squeezing her hands. "I'm going to start skating now. I'm going to pull you around just so you get used to the ice. Do you trust me?"

"Yes," Sienna managed to squeak out. She squealed as James began to skate backwards slowly, letting her glide across the ice.

After a few minutes of James carting her around the ice so she could get the feel of the ice, James moved behind her and held onto her hips as he taught her how to move her feet.

"Don't do that thing where you let go of me and shout 'Look! You're skating!' My dad used to do that when he was teaching me how to ride a bike," Sienna ordered, holding his hands to hips. "I could've punched him."

"I won't," James replied, resting his head on her shoulder from behind as he laughed. "But you are skating."

"Okay, but seriously do not let go of me," She replied nervously.

"I promise I won't let you go until you tell me to," James smiled, letting her do the skating and pull him around this time.

James had taught Sienna to stop, but she didn't like the feeling of the ice scrape against the blade as she stopped. So when she came close to the board she and James collided with it.

"Are you okay?" James laughed, turning her around so she faced him and he had her pinned against the board.

"I'm good," Sienna nodded, holding onto his biceps. "Thank you for this, James."

"Of course," James smiled, pressing his forehead to hers. "You don't hate me because I made you do this?"

"No," Sienna laughed. "I liked it. I mean it's terrifying, but you were really sweet and patient. That looks good on you."

"Thanks," James smiled. "You trusting me looks good on you, too."

"I'm learning," She smiled, squeezing his arms. "You should kiss me, James."

"Yes, ma'am," James smirked before leaning in and kissing her, holding her against the boards with one hand, while the other held onto her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys continuously blow my mind with your support of this story. I cannot thank you enough! Please let me know what you think of this chapter!!
Again, still totally jealous of this fictional relationship I have created. The skating part was so fun to write! Hold on, though! A bit of drama coming up.