Status: Active- Please comment!

Purified

Fighting Temptation

"Nealsy!" Evgeni Malkin called from his seat on the bus.

"What?" James replied back.

"Are you texting Sienna?" Evgeni smirked, knowing full well James was.

James was on a three day road trip. He had hoped to spend his last day in Pittsburgh with Sienna, but she had to work late so he hadn't been able to see her.

"Who is Sienna?" Sid asked from the other side of the bus.

"Nealer's girlfriend!" TK smirked.

"She's not my girlfriend," James replied. "Not yet at least."

"Tell her I say hi!" Geno yelled, before turning around and sitting in his seat again.

"That's the girl?" Sidney asked, referring to the girl that everyone always bugged James about. Sid knew a couple of the guys had met her, but he had yet to meet her.

James pulled up a picture of Sienna on his phone and showed Sid.

"She's pretty," Sid nodded. "How long have you two been seeing each other?"

"Two months or so, but it's nothing serious," James nodded. "I really like her though."

"That's good," Sidney smiled. He and James spoke about Sienna for a bit before they got to their destination.

Hey, Jay! Just letting you know that I miss you already and I'm set up to watch your game tomorrow!.

James smiled at the text from Sienna in his hand before his phone went off again.

Hey superstar. Heard u were in town. Drinks 2nite?

James didn't recognize the number at first, but then it clicked in. It was a girl he used to know in Toronto who moved to New York when she was done school. They had fooled around a few times, but nothing really came of it.

"Shit," James muttered, running a hand over his jawline.

He had liked this girl, Holly. She was fun and easy to be around. He didn't see the harm in hanging out with her for a bit tonight. He had no intentions of sleeping with her, though he was "dying" to sleep with Sienna.

Sure. I'll text you in a bit and let you know where we're all going.

James felt a small pang of guilt as he replied to Holly. He had no real ties to Sienna, they weren't exclusive, but he did really like her and she trusted him.

Hey, Sienna! I miss you, too. We just got to NYC. Are you going to wear my jersey and everything?

Yes! Haha! I've got it all ready to wear tomorrow night!

Good. Glad I'll have my good luck charm. We just got in NYC so we're going to check into the hotel and then some of us are going out for a bit. I'll text you when I can. Have a good night, babe.

Have fun and be safe! xoxo

The pang of guilt hit James again. She didn't ask any questions about where he was going and who we was going with. Given, she probably knew the guys he'd be with, but a part of him felt guilty for not telling her he was meeting up with an old friend. A female friend, and one he had seen naked a number of times.

James shook of the feeling as he walked off the bus, hoping that it would go away. He assured himself that he had done nothing to feel guilty for. Yet.

After the team got settled in their rooms some of the guys changed and got ready to go to some bar near the hotel. Tonight was one of those rare occasions when Sidney decided to come out with the guys.

"You okay?" Sidney asked as he and James sat in a booth and watched out at some of the guys picking up girls.

"Fine," James nodded as he scanned the crowd for Holly. He had texted her telling her where the team would be, and a part of him hoped she wouldn't show up. A part of him wanted her to not want him and for her to bail, to stay home, so he would have a drink and go back to his hotel room and send Sienna a goodnight text.

Just as he was starting to calm down and realize that maybe Holly wouldn't show up, he spotted her. How could he have missed her?

Tall, legs for days, long brown hair and a pair of the prettiest blue eyes he'd ever had the pleasure of looking into. Well, that was until he met Sienna and green became his new favourite colour.

"James!" Holly smiled, walking over to him. James got out of the booth, ignoring Sid's curious eye as he hugged Holly.

"It's so good to see you," She smiled, her slender and toned arms around his neck as he rested his on her hips. He couldn't help but wish they were Sienna's hips that were pushing into his.

"Come dance with me," Holly smiled, taking James' hand and tugging him onto the floor. James avoided the glances of his other teammates who were out with him. He knew what they were thinking: What about Sienna?

James was thinking the same thing as Holly pressed her backside into his groin and "danced". James sucked on his bottom lip as he contemplated what to do. He needed to have sex, or at least he felt like he did and one good roll around with Holly wouldn't hurt anyone, would it?

Sienna. It would hurt Sienna.

James pulled himself away from Holly's warm and inviting body and excused himself for a second. He walked to the bar and got another cold beer, pressing his fingertips into the cool condensation. James walked outside to the small patio where a few people were smoking and chatting. He breathed in the fresh air collecting himself.

"What are you doing?" Came the voice of Evgeni Malkin to James' right.

"Getting a drink?" James asked, holding up his beer.

"No," Evgeni replied sternly. "What are you doing with the girl? Who is she?"

"She's an old friend, G," James sighed, knowing Evgeni was going to give him hell.

"What about Sienna?" Evgeni asked, crossing his arms over his broad chest. "I like her, and so do you. Why you do this with her?"

"She's too good for me," James sighed. "Sienna. She's a good girl and she doesn't deserve a lowlife like me."

"That's no excuse," Evgeni replied, shaking his head. "How you know she don't deserve you? And how you know she think you a lowlife? She likes you. I see it in way she looks at you."

"Why do you want to hurt Sienna?" Evgeni asked a little softer. He wanted to be on James' side, but he also liked Sienna and he didn't want to see her hurt either.

Evgeni usually stayed out of the love lives of his teammates, but James had confided in him about Sienna, and he even met her. He had a feeling this girl was more than just "some girl" that James was hoping to get into bed.

"I don't want to hurt her, G," James sighed, downing half of his beer.

"Then what are you doing?" Evgeni asked, getting frustrated with his friend.

James didn't know. He wished he had an answer, but he didn't. He was letting his sex drive do the thinking for him. He was letting his sexual frustration take hold of his mind and his conscience and it was trying to convince him that sleeping with Holly was a good thing.

"Do you like Sienna?"

"Yes! I really like her, G!"

"You want to be with her?"

"I don't know,"

"Yes or no."

"Yes! I do want to be with Sienna," James sighed after finishing the rest of his beer. "I just don't know if I can be the person she needs me to be."

"Maybe you not good enough for yourself," Evgeni replied. "Sienna already thinks you're good enough."

James nodded, and just as he was about to tell Evgeni he was going to go back to the hotel he felt a woman's arms around his waist.

"You coming back?" Holly asked, making him turn around.

James watched Evgeni walk away, but feared the look in his eye that said if James didn't tell Holly about Sienna, Evgeni would break him. James didn't know Evgeni cared that much for Sienna.

"Holly," James sighed, taking her arms from around his waist. The more he thought about Sienna the more Holly's skin burned his hands. It was Sienna he should be touching.

Holly smiled and James groaned at her glossy pink lips. He felt her put a hand on the back of his neck and pulled his mouth down to hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the delay, everyone! I hope you're all doing well! Please let me know what you think of this chapter!
Thanks so much for all the comments, subscriptions and recommendations!
DON'T HATE ME!