Status: Active- Please comment!

Purified

Awkwardly Adorable

"Oh, God. I can't do this," Sienna mumbled as she looked at herself in the mirror. She was wearing a royal blue sundress, if it could be called that. It was a little tight and had a V-neck and thin straps that barely stayed on her shoulders.

"This is going to be a disaster," She sighed, pushing up her chignon once more. "He's going to think I'm crazy and he's never going to want to see me again. He's going to think I'm a try too hard, weird girl. What are you doing, Sienna?"

The buzzer to her apartment went off and she knew that it was James. He had texted her the night before, saying that he would pick her up.

"I'll be right down!" She replied into the intercom. There was no way in hell she was going to let him into her apartment right yet. She was a slob and she was not prepared to have a man in her home to judge her.

Sienna left her apartment and walked down the steps, spotting James leaning against his Mercedes Benz while he waited for her.

"Hey," He smiled upon seeing her. He pushed himself off of the Benz and walked forward to give her a hug. Sienna held her breath as he hugged her. He was a tight hugger, and he smelled amazing. His arms flexed into her a little and she fought the urge to sigh happily.

"How are you?" She asked when they pulled away.

"I'm good," James smiled. "Hungry. How are you?"

"I'm the same! I'm ready to eat," She smiled. James led her to his car and opened the door for her.

"This car is beautiful," Sienna stated when James got in the driver's side.

"Thank you," James smiled. "It was my gift to myself when I got signed."

"That is a beautiful gift," Sienna replied, smiling over at him.

"I thought so," James replied, hoping she didn't think he was conceited or overcompensating for something.

James started up the car and drove out of her apartment parking lot. He took her to a little restaurant that resembled a bit of a sports bar. It was nice and casual. They got to the restaurant and James put his hand on the small of her back, guiding her towards their table.

"You look really pretty," James smiled at her over the top of his menu.

"Really? You don't think it's too much?" She asked, looking down at herself.

"No," James replied, shaking his head softly. "I think that it's perfect."

"Thank you," Sienna smiled, looking him in the eyes. He had lovely eyes. They were very kind, and gentle. She felt good with James, she felt safe. She had a good feeling that this date wouldn't be awkward.

"So, I'm really sorry about the whole gay thing," Sienna sighed. "I feel so awful about that."

"It's fine," James laughed softly. "I honestly don't know why I was never prepared for it. Between the purple suit and the hair, I'm sure people have pegged me as a stereotypical gay man, not that I'd be ashamed if I were gay, but I'm not gay."

James was rambling, and Sienna thought it was adorable. It was as if he didn't want to offend anyone with his explanation.

"You like what you like" Sienna offered with a simple shrug.

"I like what I like," James nodded. He gave her a small smirk and winked at her before looking back to his menu.

Sienna did backflips in her head. Her stomach aflutter from the wink and the smirk. She tried to talk herself down, telling herself that he probably does that to all his dates, but she couldn't' help it.

"So how long have you been in Pittsburgh?" James asked, taking a sip of his beer. "Born and raised here?"

"I'm actually from Ontario," She replied. "Like Manitoulin Island. Way up there."

"I'm from Whitby!" James smiled. "We're not exactly neighbours, but we're close."

"That's so funny," Sienna grinned.

"Let me ask you this then, why Pittsburgh?" James asked, genuinely curious.

"I used to have this list in one of my notebooks in college," Sienna explained. "It had all of the places in it that I wanted to work in, and for some reason I just wanted to be in Pittsburgh. That's where I wanted to start out. It wasn't Toronto, or Ottawa, or even anywhere in Canada. I wanted Pittsburgh."

"I'm glad you came here," James smiled softly.

"I am, too." Sienna nodded with a blush.

They had dinner and talked the whole time. They were both so happy they were getting along so well. James paid for dinner, despite Sienna's protests.

They decided to go for a little walk, James leaving his car in the restaurant parking lot. They walked in silence together, unsure if the silence was comfortable or not.

They found a park and sat down on a bench. They sat close to each other, just barely touching.

"Are you cold at all?" James asked, despite the still warm evening breeze.

"I'm good," Sienna nodded. "It's beautiful out tonight."

"It is," James agreed. He turned and looked at her, leaning in. Sienna held her breath as his lips were gently pressed to hers. She kissed back, not wanting to seem to eager, but the only thing she wanted to do was put herself in his lap and pull at his hair, just a little.

They pulled apart and James gave her a small smile. He pressed his forehead to hers, letting out a happy sigh.

"I've been wanting to do that all night," James smirked.

"I'm glad you did," Sienna smiled, putting her hands on his neck. Her fingertips weaving their way into his hair.

"I'm going to do it again," He stated, barely above a whisper. He pressed his lips to hers a little more firmly this time. Sienna allowed herself to pull herself closer to him. James smiled against her mouth and put a hand on her thigh beneath her dress.

Sienna kept one hand in his hair on at the back of his neck, and the other moved to his face running her fingertips through his facial hair. James let out a content sigh, borderline moan, at the feeling of her fingers of his face.

"Your skin is so soft," He mumbled against her mouth, his fingertips rubbing small circles into her thigh.

"Thank you," She smiled, biting at his bottom lip a little.

At that moment all James wanted was this tiny woman in his bed with those soft legs wrapped around his waist. The internal battle began. Did he take her home and ravish her, as Jordan would say, or would he wait it out and have another date with her?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm actually in love with writing this story, I hope that doesn't go away.
Thank you all for your recommendations, comments and subscriptions. It means the world to me! Please keep it up!