Status: Complete

Between the Raindrops With You

Between the raindrops with you

Take me now

Charlotte glanced up from her book to stare at the man that lay across from her on the bed. The man was suffering from cancer and was barely able to breathe. She knew sooner or later he'd be gone and she'd have no one left to love her. The man's eyes were closed as he slept peacefully for the first time in weeks.

The world's such a crazy place

She watched over the man with soft, glistening eyes as he slept in the hospital bed. She hasn't moved from that chair in days, never wanting to leave him alone for a second afraid he'd be gone when she came back. She may have looked haggard but she didn't care at all. That man who layed there was her husband and she'd never leave him for something so small like eating or showering.

When the walls come down

She shut the book and set it on the table that stood beside the chair. She stood and moved the chair closer to the bed. She stood over him and gently ran her fingertips down the side of his face. She let a small smile show as she leaned down and kissed his forehead. She sat down and gently held his left hand. He'd wake soon enough and try to get her to eat or do something besides sit beside him all day.

You'll know I'm here to stay

She hummed quietly as her thumb ran gently over the back of his hand. She looked over at his face when she heard his sigh as he woke up. His head turned toward her and he smiled at her. She smiled back and leaned forward kissing him quickly. He chuckled quietly before staring up at the ceiling. She sat back down and went back to her humming.

There's nothing I would change

She sat beside him on the bed as she read her book and ran her fingers through his short but soft hair. He was on his side pressed against her side trying to nap quietly. She was still humming but this time quietly to help lull him to sleep. It was working once again. He was asleep soon and she smiled gently.

Knowing that together everything that's in our way

She stared at the tv that was black and sighed quietly. She knew the day was coming when he'd die but she didn't want it to come. She could feel the tears building up in her eyes but she willed them not to fall. His breathing was getting worse as the days passed and she knew it'd be soon. She kissed the top of his head as she thought of when the day would come.

We're better than alright

The day which she dreaded has arrived and she was unprepared for it. He was suddenly having a hard time trying to breathe and she had called the doctors. She was pulled out of the room as the doctors tried to save him. The tears finally ran their tracks down her cheeks as she sat there hearing the doctor's shouts of panic. She stood and walked back into the hospital room. She pushed through the doctors and stood above him. Leaning down, she kissed his forehead before moving her lips to his ear.

"There's a smile on my face, Knowing that together everything that's in our way, We're better than alright..I love you and always will..You can go now...I love you, my sweet sweet Jake...Forever and ever..."She whispered into his ear and kissed his lips for one finally time.

We're better than alright

She stood and watched as he drew his final breath. His eyes held her eyes before they grew dull as his soul left. She felt even more tears fall but she knew he'd be alright in heaven. He was no longer suffering from the cancer he had and she was happy for him. She let out a shaky breath before walking out of the room and heading home. However, before she could even make it towards the elevators she collapsed onto her stomach. She hadn't told anyone that she was suffering from cancer too and that her death was coming soon. She didn't know it would be the same day as his. She smiled as she stared up at her husband who was waiting for her at the edge of the tunnel. They were together again and forever will.

Between the raindrops with you
♠ ♠ ♠
good song!