Status: Active!

Moth to a Flame

Twisting Fates

"Mother, please?!" An exasperated plea comes from an elegant young woman, no older than eighteen. Her gloomy eyes stared at an older version of herself, better known as her mother; Lady Sato.

"I won't have you talk back to me Katsumi; you must understand that you have duties to fulfil." Her mother was a stern lady. Lady Sato was cold with a side of no nonsense.

"I'm only eighteen! I refuse to get married when I haven't even experienced the world yet." Katsumi stood and glared at her mother and her mother returned the look just as harshly.

"If you won't respect my wishes then I won't let you continue to ruin my life." Before her mother can reply Katsumi turned her head and glided out of the door, slamming the door shut behind her before dashing off toward the backdoor where she could escape unnoticed. Katsumi didn't know where she was heading to all she knew was that she had been walking for a long time and it was getting dark. She walked through a small park but stopped when she heard a young child crying. Katsumi frowned and examined the playground she had just passed; it was only then that she saw a young child sitting on a swing. Katsumi approached slowly, glancing around to see if the little girl's parents where around but there was no one in sight. Katsumi strided up to the little girl and stooped down to her height, she kept her guard up as she peered at the little girl. It was rather late for a young child to be at a park by themself and Katsumi was very concerned.

"Are you alright little one?" Katsumi broke the silence.

~


“Are you alright little one?” The child looked up at the sound of the soft voiced woman. She hadn’t even heard the girl walk up to her. The child held out her arm and showed the little wound on her arm that looked as if we obtained from a small spill on concrete.

“My arm hurts.” The child wiped at her eyes and held onto the small, pink, stuffed elephant that held a tag in its ear. The tag read Akane Kunda.

“Akane, that’s your name right?” The child, Akane, nodded shyly and looked at the woman that stood before her.

“Here let me patch you up, okay?” Akane nodded again and held out her arm so Katsumi could look at it. Akane watched as she ripped part of her kimono and wrapped it around Akane’s arm, tying it gently into a small bow.

Akane watched Katsumi smile, “there all better! Now where are your parents?” Akane’s face fell.

“I don’t want to talk about them.” Akane stood up and smiled at Katsumi. She turned and headed off towards the poorer parts of town. Katsumi tried to follow but Akane was too quick and she lost sight of her around the corner. As Akane walked home she was smiling, her hopes were up that maybe she could have someone to play with and not be all alone anymore.

Akane walked into her old home and sat on the couch, there was barely anything left in the house but there was enough that she was happy with and that’s all that mattered to her because she didn’t want to keep having the house to herself, she wanted company, she wanted a friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like the story!