Status: Active!

Moth to a Flame

Decision

Katsumi ran through the house looking for little Akane, who in a rush of emotions, had seemingly disappeared. As Katsumi looked for the little girl her mind was trying to process everything she had learned, Akane was either dead or she had a twin. Katsumi thought back to the last couple days and laughed to herself thinking Akane was dead she had touched her opaque body, she had even seen Akane eat actual food, yet at the same time, those moments when Akane would randomly appear made sense. Akane was sitting on the front porch as Katsumi ran up to her.

“Don’t hate me please, Katsumi.” Katsumi looked at the young girl and felt her heart break into a million pieces.

“Why would I hate you Akane?” Akane looked down at her body and looked back up at Katsumi.

“I’m dead. I’m miserable and I’m dead. I remember in flashes, I see my father killing me but his face is blurred so I can’t see his face. I just know, I just know he’s my father.” Katsumi looked back towards the body and sat down on the porch.

“How can I touch you? How can you even eat? If you’re really dead.” These questions made sense to Akane as she herself thought about that but remembered how she could do it. “Before I remembered, I really thought I was alive. That thought was so powerful I made myself opaque. I guess the imagination is stronger than anyone thought.” Akane shrugged and kicked dirt on the ground.

“I want to remember why he killed me, I want to know why, but I can’t remember!” Akane started to cry softly at the fact she was dead and she couldn’t even have peace.

“Maybe if I find him, I can move on and join my brothers up in heaven, or maybe I’ll be stuck as a ghost forever.” Akane looked down sadly and curled up her body. For a second Katsumi isn’t sure what to do, on one hand she’s scared, terrified in fact and just wants to run away from this situation. However, on the other hand she wanted to help Akane move on and find peace.

“I-I’ll do whatever it takes to help you,” Katsumi whispered, determined not to show the younger girl she was scared. Katsumi had to be strong for Akane, and with her mind made up there was no going back. Katsumi moved to glance out the window, the man she had meet was a killer than, if he was worried about Katsumi finding Akane’s body then he’d come back to either move it or kill Katsumi.

“For now I have to play dumb, I can’t let on that I know about the body, Akane, I need you to go back and cover it back up, make it look like it hasn’t been disturbed since it was placed there.” Katsumi turned and gave Akane a firm look, she had to cover her tracks now. The little girl nodded her head,

“Roger that,” she saluted before disappearing. It seemed that since Akane remembered she could now appear and disappear from sight. Katsumi didn’t think she’d be able to get use to that. The second thing they needed to do was secure the property and the rest of the house, then Katsumi could move on to finding out the truth. Once that was done then maybe this nightmare will be over, Akane would move on and Katsumi would go back to living her normal life. Sure, she’d grown to adore Akane but Akane didn’t belong in this world, so Katsumi was free her soul and hopefully get a killer arrested.