Status: Bear with it...

Detesting Love

001: The Boy with Raven Hair

I lie on my back staring into the bright blue sky. The sound of the news could be heard from my propped open door. The news man was talking in a stiff monotone as he forecasted the weather. "It's partly cloudy with a chance of thunderstorms. It's going to be a wet one. A cold front is moving through the area so stay bundled up tonight."

I looked along the horizon as storm clouds started invading the area. I grimaced as a cooler breeze blew through ruffling my hair and skirt. I should've expected a storm. Thunderstorms have been in the forecast for over a week. But it didn't matter. It's not like I had a problem with the rain. I sat up as the clouds were starting to darken and fill the sky completely.

I closed my door and smirked at the darkening clouds. I walked inside to slip on my boots and sleeveless hoodie. I closed and locked the door. I shoved my hands into my hoodie pockets and started toward town. The rain started lightly sprinkling down. I flipped my hood up and kept walking, undeterred by the rain. The rain started pooring harder by the time I reached the main part of town. People were fighting to get out of the rain and inside.

The weather man was right about something though. It was definately cold. The rain was cool almost like it had been previously refrigerated. It didn't bother me one bit.

By this time I was pretty much the only one out on the streets. There was one group, though, that seemed a little suspicious. They were all wearing plain black cloak-like capes with their hoods up. They seemed to just be passing through. I still didn't get a good vibe from them.

Then it was almost like time froze. The leader, or that's what he seemed to be, caught my gaze. His eyes were dark, mysterious almost. His pale skin stood out in contrast to the black cloak. His raven black bangs framed his handsome, hooded face. He was tall, but not as tall as two of the others. The other two males were taller.

One was really tall and burly. His squared shoulders were stiff as he glanced over at me. I could barely see his face, for he hid it with the hood. The other male was taller than the leader but not by much. I could barely see his silver hair and his purple eyes. The other member was a female. I could see her bright red hair and eyes. Her glasses had a few water droplets on them. She was shorter than all of them. She didn't look much taller than I was.

The leader and I parted eyes. I looked straight ahead. I kept going. The glance felt like minutes but it was only mere seconds. I sighed. He was hot. Oh well. Friends, or boy friends in this matter, aren't my priority. Friends are a distraction, nothing more. I walked toward the direction of our feilds when I heard a sound that sounded like shouting and glass breaking. I turned my head and heaved a sigh.

I ran toward the sound of the commotion. The glass window of a shop was broken. Glass littered the street making the terrain dangerous. I looked up at the shop sign as people started peeking though their curtains to see what was going on. The shop sign read: Ninja's Emporium. It was our most expensive weapons shop. I can see why it would be broken into. They didn't have cheap weapons such as kunai and shuriken. They had finely crafted weapons, expensive training gear, rare scrolls, and other expensive items. None of it was cheap.

Still... Understandable or not; I couldn't stand by and do nothing. I was definately going to do something. I walked toward the shop and looked through the broken window. Three burly and scarred looking thugs were grabbing what ever they thought was valuable. They obnoxiously laughed whenever they broke something. I was going to do something stupid.

I stepped through the broken window, being careful not let the glass crunch under my feet. The idiots hadn't even noticed me. "Hey, scum bags!" I barked out. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

The biggest one, most likely the leader, spoke. "Wot!? Yew talkin' t' us brat!?" The other two growled. I assessed the leader, so I could judge whether this was a fight I could win. He was rather tanned. He had several scars on his chin and eye brows, bare torso, and arms. His pants hung down and bunched up around his shoes. His right shoulder was covered in raggedy bandages. He had his oversized hand on the hilt of his sword, as to be threatening. He looked as though someone had already rearranged his face into a nasty snarl. I decided to do it.

"No shit sherlock." I growled condecendingly. "Did someone bash your skull in, or are you just stupid?" By this time a crowd had started forming behind me. I'm guessing it was to see how this went down.

My comment seemed to piss him off. "Wot'd yew say!" He growled his eyes narrowing. He gripped the hilt of his sword tightly.

"I thin' she jus' called yew 'tupid boss." The shorter one informed him. He tried to sound intellegent, but that just wasn't working for them.

"Oh you didn't go to school did you?" I mocked. "You must not have, because your lack of grammar is concerning me."

"Yew bes' watch who yew run yer mou'f ta. 'Cus it could mean yer grave, brat." The mid height one said. I glared at them all.

"Ooh..." I mocked, unimpressed. "Soo scarey..." I rolled my eyes.

"Yew 'lil bitch." The leader growled. He unsheithed his large sword, and I heard startled gasps behind me. The sword looked more like a long butcher's knife. It wasn't intimidating. Well, to me at least.

I rolled my eyes. "Ooh... You pulled out a giant meat cleaver, I'm so scared." I snapped in a bored monotone. All this guy was doing was making threats.

He growled and lunged forward. I flipped out of the shop and into the rain and crowd. They all gasped and backed away as he broke some more glass, sending it flying everywhere. I was careful not to land on any glass and to not get hit by any flying shards.

He charged and swung at my feet. "Ha!" I snapped jumping away. "Basic tactic, swing at the legs and feet to disable your opponent. Pshh, sad... Mix it up a little."

He grunted angrily. He ran at me again, the intention to kill in his eyes. He swung for the torso this time. I dodged, but he swung for my head. I ducked. There was one thing I could commend him for. He had awesome strength to swing around a blade, that looked about as heavy as me, like it was a stick. If I got hit by this thing. There would be no slicing me, I would be hacked apart. The sword would cut right through my bones like a hot knife to butter.

"Is that all you got!" I mocked as lightning flashed. Thunder boomed. He growled.

I was doing well to stay out of range of his weapon in the small amount of space I had to evade. He kept slamming the blade around splashing mud everywhere. At this rate, I was going to be soaked all the way through my clothes. I started to loose my concentration as the rain fell heavier. I almost slipped and he barely missed me.

Our spectators gasped in unison. I kept running, until four black cloaks caught my eye. I looked over and saw the leader. His handsome face was dull, bored almost. His eyes were indifferent as if he didn't care. The silver haired one and the girl seemed to be arguing. I was too busy looking into his eyes, and I slipped in the mud. The crowd gasped. I rolled over and looked up at him.

"Oh... Lookie 'ere. Seems like a change in a'vents." He mocked, a devious smile spread across his lips. "Is this all yew got? Prapare ta die, 'lil bitch." Blood lust was evident in his eyes. I tried to get up but the ground was too muddy. All I did was slip and slide. This made him laugh darkly as he reared his sword back.

He started to swing down. I squeezed my eyes shut and braced myself, but for the second time in ten years it never came. I opened my eyes and looked up. That's when I saw it. A kitana, which looked like a twig compared to the thug's blade, had blocked it. The thug was so shell shocked that he didn't know what to do.

I was just as shocked if not more so. I hadn't even spoken to this guy and he was infront of me now blocking me from harm. He stood in front of me like an angel. A very, very dark angel. His hood was now down. His hair flared out and spiked in the back. He was even better looking up close. If only... No! I snapped out of it. I couldn't, wouldn't have any friends.

I looked at the thug, who looked infuriated. "Who tha 'ell are yew?" He growled pulling his blade back.

"I don't think that's any of your buisness." His voice was handsome, smooth even. Everything about him was attractive.

The thug scoffed. Then something in his expression changed. It turned to one of fear. I looked at the guy's face. His eyes were now bright red. They stood out against his pale skin and dark hair, making them even more menacing. They modeled the red eyes from my memory. The eyes that killed my parents murderer.

His cronies came up behind him. "Cummon boss." The shorter one coaxed.

"We can take 'im." The other said.

"N-no!" The other bellowed out. "We don' wanna mess with this guy!" He grabbed the other two, turned tail, and ran. I was confused.

I attempted to stand only slipping and falling on my butt. He noticed and held his hand down for me. I glared at him and smacked it away.

"I can get up by my self." I growled. He rolled his eyes and waited expectantly looking down at me. I shot a glare at him and I tried again. I slipped. I wasn't going to give. I tried and tried again, but I couldn't stand. I growled from frustration. He held out his hand a triumphant look on his face.

I heaved a grumpy sigh. I hated taking help from others, but I accepted it. I took his hand and he lifted me with ease. I pulled away and crossed my arms. "I could have handled the situation on my own." I grumbled.

"Yes, almost getting hacked to peices is handling the situation." He snapped. I suddenly wanted to punch him, but I didn't.

"I could've dodged!" I snapped defensively.

"I could tell." He said bluntly. I growled and started to stomp off. "What no thank you...?" He snapped sarcastically.

"Fuck you." I growled. I almost slipped as I said this. "Damn karma." I growled under my breath.

He chuckled darkly as I stomped away toward my house. By this time I was already soaked. I needed to get back home before I caught a cold. I got back home and unlocked the door. I pulled my shoes off before I stepped in. I was walking down the hall toward my room as I was taking off my hoodie. I dropped it on the floor. I stripped down to my underwear and dropped my clothes on the ground. I headed for the shower.

As I ran the water I thought about today's events. I had to admit. He did save me. If it hadn't been for him being there, I would never have gotten distraced in the first place. So I guess he did kind of make up for it. I sighed as I had gotten a hot shower going. I got in and showered, enjoying the warmth and heat that spread over my cold body.

I made sure I got all of the mud out of my hair and off my body before I turned the water off. I breathed in the humid hair. I dried my hair and wrapped my self in a towel. I walked into my room, grabbed some comfortable clothes, and changed into them. I threw my messy jett black hair into a side ponytail.

I grabbed a light jacket and stepped out the door. I looked at the pooring rain from my covered porch. I sat and hugged my knees staring into the sky. The clouds were dark. Colors ranged from dark blue to foggy grey and silver. Lightning lit up the sky, followed shortly after by a boom of thunder. The thunder shook and rumbled my porch mercilessly.

This storm was going to last a few days. It was the norm when you lived so close to the Rain Village-Land of Fire border. It's still a good distance, but storms like this seem to travel. I guess it was just horrible irony. Those four looked as if they were passing through, but I highly doubted it. They were probably going to stay for a bit. Not to mention the leader. He was mysterious alright.

I just couldn't get his eyes out of my head. What did he have some kind of eye technique or Kekkei Genkai. It almost looked as though it were the famed Sharingan. That guy couldn't have been an Uchiha though. They were all wiped out, and an Uchiha wouldn't be so far from the village...would they?

Who knows. They reminded me of the night my parents were killed.

I was four years old. So innocent and naive... I never knew that my parents were going to get killed. I didn't know what sorts of people my father had gotten mixed up with. My father was an impulsive gambler. He threw away all of his money that he made off owning a weapons shop. Of course, I'd never known this until years later, after they were already dead.

He and my mother had been together since they'd graduated the academy and married soon after. My mother didn't approve of his gambling and often tried to make him quit. But, like most gamblers, my dad owed a lot of debt and couldn't stop. My mother tried all she could to keep the house and the shop upkept. She worked and worked.

I've been told many wonderful stories about my parents. My mother was the strong one. She held my fathers head up and even helped pay some of his debt. But no matter how strong she was, there was no stopping my father's fatal flaw from taking him over.

That is until my mother got pregnant with me. My father had come to his senses, but he was in too deep over his head. He had gotten mixed up with a gang with a very nasy reputation. Not one of which a man with a family would want to have anything to do with. It was a very common practice for them to kill the families of the people who didn't pay the money owed in the period of time given.

My father paid them what little money he had. They gang's leader told him that they'd let him off the hook. Little did we know, that wasn't the case. Not long after that on September fourteenth, a child with jet black hair and dark chocolate eyes was born. My parents were over joyed. They were happy and free for the first time in their relationship. They were with me for the first four years of my life.

My mother took me to work with her everyday. Our buisness boomed. My father eventually paid off all of his debts. The only one he still couldn't afford to pay was the one he owed the gang. It was still to great. Though he'd trusted the boss. He'd also gotten too caught up in helping my mother with me. Then I turned four.

Two weeks passed. We were all getting ready for bed when we heard something outside of the house. My dad stepped out of the house to check. There wasn't a thing found. It was all so insignificant to me back then. I could have cared less, as long as I was with my mother and father.

My mother lay me down to sleep. I fell asleep quickly. It wasn't long before I woke up to the sound of shouting and banging around. I was scared, so I did what every four year old would do at this point, go and crawl in bed with mommy and daddy. Only, this wasn't quite one of those moments. I opened my door quietly and walked down the hall. I heard a commotion outside.

It scared me, so I ran to my parents room. They weren't in there. Like any little kid, I thought they were playing with me. So I searched the room, under the bed, in the closet, and under the blankets. I walked out and the noise coming from out side got louder. I walked into the sitting room and toward the door. It was louder.

I could then hear my father's voice pleading and begging. I heard my mother crying. All I could do was think "Why is mommy crying?" I opened the door slowly, to see. I gasped. My father was on his knees begging them to give him a second chance.

"Please! Please!" My father cried out. "Give me a second chance!?"

"Ha!" A coarse, raspy voice responded. "We don' give second chances. But 'choo knew that goin' inta tha deal." The one in front was holding a large sword, that looked much like a giant meat cleaver. His face was masked as were the others.

I was, of course, scared, but I couldn't look away. I looked at my mother, who was crying light tears. Still trying to hold a brave face. The man with the cleaver reared back to swing. My mouth gaped open.

He swung and hacked my father to peices, blood spraying everywhere, staining my mother's dress red. She screamed and dropped to her knees.

"Momma!" I'd called out. I ran over to her.

She looked at me horrorstruck. "Oh no... No! Hana! Go back inside. Mommy will be okay." She shouted.

"Aww... 'Ow cute. This is wha' he was hidin'." The man with the cleaver had said. "A 'lil girl. Maybe if he'da mentioned this ta tha boss he'da extended tha dead line. Bu' oh well. She's gunna be with ya soon." My mother shoved me away as the man hacked her to peices. Blood sprayed me staining my nightgown a bloody red.

I crawled over to my mother and father and sobbed. "No! No!" Was all I could cry out. Anything else was too strangled to do me any good.

"Don' worry. Yew'll be joining them soon enough." I looked up at him. His crimson stained cleaver raised into the air. I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the pain, but it never came.

I opened them and looked in front of me. A guy around the age of twelve or thirteen stood there. His kitana was blocking the man's cleaver. His sword looked like a twig next to the larger sword.

"Who tha 'ell are yew!?" The masked man growled in unpleasant surprise. The kid didn't reply. This made the man angry. He pulled back and swung again. The kid held up. This had made the man even angrier. He swung and swung, but the kid still held up fine. I was awestruck.

Then the kid finally attacked. He defeated the guy quickly. It wasn't until the man dropped to the ground not moving in the puddle of blood surrounding him that I realised, he's dead. I sat there staring. The kid crouched in front of me.

"Are you alright?" He asked. He had a sincere look on his face. My lip quivered as the tears became heavier than ever. Everything swayed and blurred and shook. Before I knew it, I was falling to the ground. Then everything was black.
♠ ♠ ♠
The next chapters will be much better than this... I don't have the patience to redo this a third time, so I apologize if it seems medeocre compared to the chapters that follow this one. Please do bare with it. I have not written the second chapter yet, but I sure have started it. And just for being patient, you shall get a sneak peak...
Also, please excuse my sad attempt at improper english as the robbers are speaking. I tried to make them sound unintelligent, so I hope I accomplished that.