Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Detention

The detention room has always been my least favorite. It is small and cramped, it smells horrible, and the people in detention scare me. They're the kids who know they aren't going anywhere near college, and are proud of it. They're the kids who think being on probation is impressive. They're the kids who pierce every piercable body part... including their nipples... eww. Those kids are not me at all. For one, my hair is not multicolored. It is naturally a midnight black. I fit in with detention like Greenday fits in with Chamillionare.
All in all, we are not at all compatible.
I walked into the disgusting room and sat at a desk with one empty desk next to it. Gerard wasn't their yet. Just one more reason to be disgusted by it...
A few minutes past and finally, Gerard strolled in. I could feel my heart racing. I pointed at the empty desk and motioned him to sit down. Luckily, he did.
"Hey." I whispered, not being allowed to talk in detention.
"Hey. What is their to do in this crap shack?"
"Nothing, but I came prepared." I took out my favorite Amazing Spiderman comic book. Suddenly I noticed my charm bracelette and smiled.
"Hey, is that the first appearence of Venom?"
"Yeah, it is so cool."
"I know, can I look at it?" I nodded. He said "Whoa" a few times as he looked through the issue. I still couldn't help but smile and think about my grandmother. I remembered that she said she was a faerie. That was so awesome. I wondered where she was--- but I was distracted.
"This is so cool! Where did you get it?" It was a pleasent distraction.
"There's this comic book store near here. I can show you where it is after detention... that is if you'd like..." Did I just ask him out?!?! Crap.
"Sure. Is it in walking distance, because I don't have a car...?" He accepted!!!
"Yeah, it's like a block away, I don't have a car either." I couldn't help grinning.

"We sat in the night with my hands cuffed at my side
I look at your life and your style
I wanted nothing more
I know you wouldn't go
You'd watch my heart burst then you'd step in
I had to know so I asked
You just had to laugh"