Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Comic Books

I don't think I have ever smiled so much in my life. All I did was watch Gerard read my favorite comic book with so much passion, so much interest. It made me so happy. Even if it was for only thirty minutes, it was still amazing. But that thirty minutes is just about over.
"Detention is over!" shouted the extrordinarily overweight teacher who was watching us, "You may leave, try to stay out of trouble!" Yeah Right.
"Let's get out of here before she eats us." I said to Gerard.
"Hahaha! Yeah." I made him laugh!
We walked out of the room. Gerard was still laughing at my joke. And I was laughing too for that matter. But I was laughing of happiness.
We finally arrived at Planet Comix, the comic book store. We took our first few steps inside, and at that moment Gerard's eyes becam e wide. He started running towards the counter. I followed. "Oh my god." he breathed.
"What?" I asked, concerned.
"Th-this is X-Men... the X-Men issue I'm missing! of course I'm also missing the first one... but that one is impossible to get." Or is it...
He kept staring at the comic book through the display glass."Can I see that?" he asked the clerk.
"No way! Do you know how rare this is?"
"Yeah. Are you kidding me?"
"You either buy it, or stare at it through the glass." This guy was not friendly.
"How much?" he asked quickly.
"Thirty bucks." I just stood in awe.
"That's a lot..." I said quietly.
"Yeah but I need it." and he fished the money out of his pocket and bought the comic book.
"Well, congratulations, I guess." I said quietly.
"Thanks! Thank you so much! You completely rock!" Gerard Way said I rock... Gerard Way said I rock... Gerard Way said I..."Whoa. Are you okay? You look a little... drowsy..."
"Never been better." I bought myself a new issue of spiderman and I called my dad to come pick us up. A few minutes my dad's black jeep pulled up.
"Come on." I said to Gerard. We sat down and buckled out seat belts.
"Hello. I'm Gerard."
"Nice to meet you. Where do you live?" he stated his adress which was very close to ours...
The second Gerard got out of the car, Hell broke loose.
"I do not approve of this boy." shit.
"What? Why?"
"Look at him! All of his clothes are... black."
"So?"
"He probobly has hundreds of tattoos and peorcings."
"He doesn't! He's deathly afraid of needles!"
"You know what, whatever! I don't care. If you get hurt, don't blame me." Oh, I wont. Nothing can get me down today.