Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

My Chemical Romance

The song boomed in my head for the remainder of school. It just wouldn't shutup. Whenever Gerard or anybody else said anything to me all I could do was smile, nod, and say "That's luminous...". Of course, nobody had a clue as to what I was saying, but that's okay because I had no clue as to what everybody else was saying... plus I sounded pretty cool... pretty luminous...
Finally after school was over, and I was in Nicole's car, I was slapped back into reality... literally.
"Ow! What the hell was that for?" I asked after Nicole had slapped me.
"For being Luminous," just as I opened my mouth to protest, Nicole continued, "What is with you? I'ts like Gerard has taken over your life. I mean I'm really sorry he doesn't like you as more than a friend, but that can be changed easily, it's not worth obsessing over. What ever happened to the old Marilyn, the one who didn't care what anybody else said, and didn't care what Gerard Way thought? The one who never got in trouble, who never dreamed of going to detention, the one who didn't skip gym... where the hell did you go?" I was shocked. Nicole rarely cursed, and how does she know that Gerard doesn't like me? She had, of course taken Gym today...
"Nicole, I'm the same person I've always been and I am not obsessing over Gerard! I just really, really like him. Remember back when you had a crush on Justin?" which was like an eternity ago... she nodded, "That was all you could talk about, think about. Suddenly your life revolved around him. That's what I'm going through. And it really sucks..." suddenly I felt something wet on my face. I was crying. I never cry in front of anyone, I never cry period, ever. The only time I cried was when I got a time out in preschool for not sharing my new barbie doll... I was three... Suddenly Nicole reached out and hugged me. The only other time we hug each other is when we give each other presents... once a year... But this time I really felt close to her. She's my best friend and all, but we rarely connect like this.
"Marilyn, I am going to do whatever it takes to get you guys together. Do you have his number and e-mail adress?"
"Yes." I said wiping my tear soaked face with a tissue.
"Tomorrow we begin operation..."
"Chemical Romance." I finished off.