Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Unexpected

"What's up Mom?" I ask kindly.
"I need you to come meet somebody." she said sadly.
"Who?"
"Your Grandmother." The song in my head just got louder.
"I'm not okay..." shouted Gerard's angry voice in my ears.
I don't have a Grandmother. I don't have Grandparents. They all had passed away. Or that is what I have been told.
As I walked up the steps to reach the door the song kept playing in my head. Louder with every step I took. Until the final step. Gerard was screaming by then.
I peered inside the house I called home. A sight I had viewed so many times before. I looked around, and sitting in the kitchen was an elderly woman. My Grandmother.
"Hi..." I barely managed to squeek.
"Hello Marilyn. I am your grandmother." she stood up to come over and give me a hug, but my arms couldnt move, they were frozen in place.
After the odd hug, she motioned me to come and sit next to her. I managed to move my body onto the chair. When I sat down, I forced a tiny smile. She smiled right back. Of course my mother was watching all of this and smiling at me and her mother... my grandmother. " How are you?" she asked.
"Fine." I said.
"Today is your sixteenth birthday, correct?"
"Yeah." I managed to grumble.
"I have a present for you." as she said that, her entire face lit up. She smiled greatly, but once again the song started playing in my head.
"I'm not okay..."