Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Beauty

It was raining like crazy today. Not good, if my hair gets wet it will curl again and I hadn't even seen myself yet. I barely had time to look in the mirror after Nicole did my hair and makeup, so I had no clue as to what I looked like. I really hoped I didn't look too bad. I felt really different. My hair was... lighter. it feels like someone just took an extremely heavy hat off my head. It felt cool. I didn't have to worry about loose curls or anything. I was in a sence relieved.
When I walked into school everybody was staring at me. Did I look that bad? "Nicole! Look what you did. Everybody's looking at me like I'm some kind of freak!" I said angrily.
"Sheesh. Relax. Theyr'e only staring at you because they don't recognize you, or they think you look great."
"Sure." I said as I zoomed to the bathroom to finally look at myself. I walked in and was kind of scared. The mirrors which were meant for two people to stand at were being hogged by way more than two people. It was extremely crowded. Nicole helped a bit. She shoved a few people out of the bathroom and scared the rest... it was wierd, but it worked.
I stared into the mirror and was staring at somebody else. Somebody beautiful. Soembody who wasn't me. Then I realized it was me! I was the beautiful person. I was the person who I used to be jelous of. I was... happy. One thing was for sure, Gerard would never think of me as just a friend anymore. I walked out of the bathroom smiling like mad. I strutted across the hallways as if they were runways. I walked into homeroom and plopped my books right next to Gerards. "Hi." I said happily. I was afraid that if I were any happier, I'd be bouncing off the walls!
"Hey. You look... different." He noticed! That's a start...
"Is different... okay?"
"Well, yeah, I guess. I never really thought of you as the makeup type... you were really just a tomboy..." This is not good.
"I know what you mean. My friend Nicole, she dared me to let her give me a makeover. I'm not really one to back out of a dare..." I said pleased with my lie...
"Oh. Yeah, neither am I. Is this new look of yours, going to be permanent?"
"Oh, I... uh... don't know. It depends. I'll keep it if people like it. If not well, then it's back to the old me... what do you think?"
"I really like the old you. I don't think that you should change anything about yourself for anybodies approval. You should do it for yourself." This isn't exactly going as I expected.
"Oh, well I guess your right. I'm probobly not going to keep it. It's too much work and I'm pretty lazy." I forced a weak smile, Gerard smiled back. Imeadiately afterwards, the bell rang. Time for gym.