Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Extraordinary Girl

I woke up that morning and looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was still straight but it was very poofy. I had sprouted a new zit right next to my nose. If it got any bigger it would look like I had sprouted a new nostril. I also noticed a little zit right on my chin. I was breaking out. I only break out when I am stressed out or nervous. And God, was I nervous.
I stepped into the shower and kissed my straight hair goodbye.
When I was done I looked at my hair again. I saw curls. The whole straight thing was fun while it lasted, but it was too much work. I got out my special moose for curly hair.
Now what will I wear today? But more importantly, how will I find it in my pigsty of a room? It looked like a Hurricane had been in here. Hurricane Nicole.
After about a zillion years of rummaging through my closet and dresser, I found the perfect outfit. I found my black Blondie shirt, my purple and black cheetah print mini skirt, and my black and white pin stripe leggings. I put on my surprisingly comfortable light pink pointed toe flats and finished off with a shiny black belt that had been my mom's in the eighties. I looked like I had traveled to the eighties and stole Debbie Harry's wardrobe. All in all, I looked amazing.
I ran down the stairs after completing my makeup and instantly opened the refridgerator.
"Hon, I already put it out here for you." said my mom. I looked at the kitchen table. On it sat a plate filled with three slices of muenster cheese. This morning cannot possible get any better. My parents have always hated the fact that I eat nothing but pasta and muenstar cheese, but eventually, they have gotten used to my 'picky eating'. My diet may be extremely unhealthy, but it sure is good. I basically gobbled down my cheese. I noticed my mother watching me intently as she drank her coffee.
"What?" I asked trying to sound as innocent as possible. She chuckled,
"For someone who dresses as nicely as you, you sure have a funny way of eating." I smiled, "Is that my belt?" I nodded, "Well, you've worn in better then I ever have, good job on your outfit." I mumbled a 'thankyou' through my cheese.
BEEP
BEEP
I gobbled down the remaining cheese and ran out the door.
"Stop!" yelled Nicole just as I was about to open the car door.
"What?" I asked, annoyed.
"Great outfit! Can I borrow it sometime?" sometimes, Nicole can be realy shallow.
"Uhh, no. This is like the best thing I have ever worn, I'm gonna keep it for myself, thankyou."
"Sheesh." she said and she let me into the car, "So, you excited about today?"
"No." I answered truthfully.
"Nervous?"
"Uhuh." I mumbled.
"I'm just so happy."
"Why? This is the day that could ruin my life and you're happy? Thanks, Best Friend."
"Oh, don't worry! I know Gerard is going to say yes. I mean, look at you!" I just smiled. Nicole could be shallow, but most of the time, she was an amazing person.
And we climbed out of the car and started walking to the door.
"She sees the mirror of herself
An image she wants to sell
To anyone willing to buy"
It was Greenday's Extraordinary Girl in my head. I hope this is a good thing.
"She's an Extraordinary girl
an Extraordinary girl
an Extraordinary girl
an Extraordinary girl"