Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Band

Detention. Children freak out at the mention of it. But me? I have learned to love detention. If it weren't for detention, I wouldn't have Gerard. Children who are scared out of their minds when it comes to detention, you are so wrong.
As I sat in the wonderful yet misjudged place known as detention waiting for Gerard's arrival, my mind drifted towards Frank Iero.
Why did he run away from us at gym?
Why was he sitting at the popular guys table?
Why was he doing their homework?
Alas, something was missing. I could not figure out what was going on with him. But that did not matter today. Today was my day. Today was the day Gerard informed me of his love of me... yes even my hair. Today was the day my life became amazing. And the mystery of Frank Iero could wait another day.
As I thought this, I saw a vision in black. Was it a god? No, it was Gerard. I could only stare. He looked the way he usually did, but today, he was extra beautiful.
"Hey." he said as he sat down next to me at the back of the room. Things were still kind of awkward between us.
"Hi." I said plainly as I tugged on my Blondie shirt.
"So..." damn. An awkward silence.
"That kid Frank is pretty wierd." I said quickly.
"Yeah. Why was he sitting with the popular guys?"
"That's what I'm wondering." He looked around the room like he was looking for someone, and then turned his full attention back on to me.
"You know what's really wierd?"
"What?"
"You know that dream I had of the band I was singing for?"
"Yeah?" I knew what he was going to say.
"I think Frank was in it." I knew it.
"He did mention he played the guitar..." I said knowingly.
"Yeah. That's true. It's really odd. I want to get to know him better to see if he could play in this band someday..."
"You want to start a band?" I practically yelled.
"Well, yeah. Sort of." he said quietly.
"You can sing really well." I pointed out.
"Thanks." he said.
"We should totally start it."
"But I don't know any other members of the band besides Frank and I think my brother was in it..." Finally! He mentioned Mikey!
"Really? Which one was your brother?" He and I had the same dream...
"He was the one with glasses and the base guitar..."
"Oh yeah..." I said, " I remember him. Can he play guitar, now?"
"Yeah, he started lessons about a year ago. He's really good."
"How old is he?" I asked showing genuine intrest.
"He's fourteen."
"Awesome, I hope he can be in this band... that would be awesome."
"It would. If this band ever actually, happens, could you be our manager?" 'Duh!' I wanted to scream.
"I'd love to! That would be awesome!"
"Cool. Now what would be the bands name?" I can't say it. It's too soon.
"It's too early to be thinking about names for the band, dont you think?"
"Yeah, I guess." I decided to change the subject.
"So, I cannot believe we got a detention for kissing." I said. I don't think I should of said that... I'm so stupid!
"Yeah, It's not like I could help myself!" He... What? Oh my gosh! That is so... amazing!
"Aww... I know what you mean." I moved my chair closer to his and placed my head on his shoulder. Pretty risky, I know, but he started playing with my hair. That was a good sign. Gerard smelled so nice. He smelled like soap. I can't stand guys who wear cologne, especially Axe. But Gerard, he smelled so perfect. My heart beat at rapid speed in my chest. It was like that every time I was near Gerard. I loved the feeling. It felt dangerous and beutiful at the same time. It was, as Ashlee Simpson so dimly put it, "L-O-V-E".