Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

CinnaBob

Bob? What was Bob 'I hate rock, only listen to rap' Bryar doing in Hot Topic?
I walked over to the section with CD's, where Bob was. I watched him from the corner of my eye while searching for Blondie's Greatest Hits CD. Once I found it I decided to talk to him. He was eyeing Green Day's American Idiot CD.
"Hey, your Bob right?" I said casually.
"Uh, yeah. Your Marilyn, right?" he seemed startled and embarassed.
"I thought you didn't like rock." I said.
"Well..." he began, "I do. But, well..." I felt kind of bad for him, he was realy shy and embarassed.
"You wanna get something to eat?" I asked.
"Uh... Sure." he answered. This was good. I get to have lunch with Bob Bryar, and convince him to be in the band.
I purchased the Blondie CD, and he purchased the Green Day CD.
"Why is he with us?" whispered Nicole when we left the store together.
"He's Bob. I need him to be in the band." I whispered back.
"Oh." she said knowingly.
"So Bob, like Cinnabon?" I asked.
"Sure." he said. He was still shy.
We ordered and sat down.
"You like Green Day?" I asked Bob.
"Uh, yeah." he was still shy.
"Me too. American Idiot is one of my favorite records." I said.
"Cool. About yesterday, I only said I didn't like rock because..."
"Those dudes would murder you if you disliked rap." I finished.
"Yeah."
"Well, why are you friends with them anyway?" I asked.
"They kind of took me in, and I don't want to be unpopular and stuff... I know what it's like to be hated and I don't like it." he said. Suddenly I thought of Frank and how the popular guys basically took him in too, how he was Jake's replacement, and how he didn't want to be seen with me or Gerard, two very unpopular people, he was always so hesitant and twitchy around us, like he would be murdered if he was near us. He was afraid of unpopularity, of not being accepted. Bob was too.
"I know how you feel. And unpopularity isn't so bad. Not when you have friends to do it with you. Then it rocks."
"Well..." he was beginning to get uncomfortable.
"You know, my band still needs a drummer..." I said. It felt so wierd to refer to My Chemical Romance as my band.
"I don't know. I don't realy like to be in front of people..."
"Oh. Well if you change your mind, just talk to me." I said.
"Sure."
Then I realized something. The reason Bob didn't want to be in the band, was because he couldn't. My Chemical Romance still needs to go through the Matt Pellissier era. Once it's over, Bob probobly will want to take part in the band. For now, I just had to leave him alone.
Well..." I said, "It seems were done eating..." I kicked Nicole who had been to involved in her cinnimon bon to talk.
"Yeah, I better get going..." he said.
"Okay then, bye." we all got up to leave.
"See you in school." he said.
"That was wierd." said Nicole.
"Yeah." I answered. The song began again.
"No luxuries, no no amenities
Too dull, your senses
Oh oh only primitive
Hey hey really get away
Island of Lost Souls"