Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Dreadful Drums

It was demolished. Completely, utterly, unfortunately, destroyed. All I could do was wonder, How? How could Frank do such a thing? And in less than five minutes…
Matt’s drum set was purple. Frank had spray painted it purple. He had left his spray can in Gerard’s basement. A drumhead was even missing… How the hell does one dude do so much damage in less than five minutes?
“Shit.” I finally said in a whisper, it was all I could make out. I was in complete shock.
“What the fuck am I supposed to do now?” Gerard practically yelled.
“I- I- I- I don’t know.” I said quietly.
“What will Matt think?”
“He’ll go insane.”
“How the hell did Frank even manage to do this? And why?” he asked himself.
“I don’t think Frank did it because he wanted to.” An idea had hit me.
“What do you mean?” he asked.
“Those dudes, his so called ‘friends’, I blame them. They obviously had something to do with this… Frank is a good person, I doubt he would ever do such a thing.” I said.
“But what if you’re wrong? How do we know that he didn’t act on free will?”
“We don’t. But we can sure as hell find out.”
“How the hell do we do that?”
“He always pays you these nice visits, I say, we give him our own.”
“Do you mean, spy on him?”
“No, but that’s not such a bad idea…”
“Yeah, but here’s the thing, I’m physically incapable of sneaking.”
“So am I, so we’ll try to get into the house first,” I said holding up Frank’s spray can, “And if that doesn’t work, we’ll resort to sneaking.”
“But I still can’t sneak.”
“Mikey can.” I said.
“Let’s go devise a plan.”
“God, I feel so… devious.”
“Haha, me too.”
So we went to his room, pulled Mikey away from his PSP, and thought up a plan.
We would go to Frank’s house, ring the doorbell, and try to return the spray can. If that doesn’t get us in… We’ll spy on him from the window; try to get an idea of what’s going on. Then, if nothing works, we call him, or we wait until tomorrow, at school. Then we approach him.