Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Silver Lining

I zoned out and just stared at my inbox. I never realy expected Frank to reply, but now that he had, I felt kind of scared. I couldn't imagine what his message said. Would he tell me to fuck off and mind my own buisiness? Would he tell me he's leaving the band? Would he actually tell me the reason he destroyed Matt's drums? Oh, God.
I inhaled deeply and clicked the button.

Marilyn, if you haven't noticed there is no fucking guitar pick. So drop it. Anyway, I only killed his drums because I had to.
Can I trust you? Will you tell any of my friends what I am about to tell you?
I don't care if you tell Gerard or anyone else in the band.


I exhaled sharply with relief after I finished reading the message and immeadiately pressed whe green button labeled reply.

Yes you can trust me. And, just so you know, I will tell Gerard. And why would I tell your friends anything, if you haven't noticed, I don't talk to them. Ever.

I clicked send and waited a minute for him to reply. Then I remembered I promised to call Gerard. I picked up my cell phone and punched in his number. Two long rings later, I heard his beautiful voice.
"Marilyn?" he asked. The sound of his voice caused my heart to do a somersault in my chest and my voice to go all high and out of breath sounding, because frankly, Gerard takes my breath away.
"Hi, Gerard." I said weakly.
"Hey. Any news from Frank?" I gathered myself and tried to sound as normal as possible.
"Actually, he did reply. He asked if I could trust him," I said, "I said yes."
"He asked you to keep it a secret?"
"No, he said I could tell you and the rest of the band, but that's all it said."
"Did you reply to him yet?"
"Yeah, I said that he could trust me and stuff."
"Oh, that's great. Seriously."
"Tell me about it." I said.
"Anyway, if he replies, call me."
"Okay, bye," I said, then I added, "I love you."
"I love you too." he said. I shut my phone and sighed like I had held my breath for five minutes. Gerard can do that to you. It's wierd, like he's some kind of drug I'm addicted to. I always want more Gerard. But I can never get enough. Am I just in love with him? Or am I addicted?
I think I'm both.
Slowly, my thoughts drifted away, and my eyes drifted shut.
I fell into a pool of dreams and memories.
Mostly bad ones, but there were some good.
Because every cloud has a silver lining.
I finally realized, I was a dull grey cloud, and Gerard, my silver lining.