Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Beware Of The Dog

My alarm clock read 3:46 A.M. I had just woken up from a bad dream. I had no idea what it was, because I forgot it, I only remember that it was a bad one. A very bad one. I sat in bed and stared into space. I couldn't fall back asleep. The clock now read 4:10 A.M. I decided to go check my Email, to see if Frank had replied to my message. I turned my computer on and quickly shielded my eyes because the light coming from the screen was blinding. I slowly managed to open my eyes and adjust to the light. Once I was used to the brightness, I logged onto my email. I had a message, from Frank.
My heart began to race.Finally, I thought, The answer I had been waiting for. I quickly opened the message and began to read.

First of all, the only reason I'm even friends with those guys is because they want me to be friends with them. They want me to be friends with them because they heard that I got kicked out of my old school, and they heard why. And, believe me, that's a good thing. Because hanging out with them makes me 'cool'. And because I'm cool, I dont get bullied. I dont have to take anyone's shit. Being popular is a billion times better than what I went through at my old school. And not only am I popular, I'm the new Jake. The new class clown, prankster person. And it rocks.
You see, the guys found out I was in the band with you guys, and got pissed, because they know that you got Jake kicked out of school. Jake and the guys decided that if I don't do some major damage, I'd be friendless, they'd abandon me and make my life a living hell. So, I had to. Because I wanted friends.
I know I sound stupid, but I realy want you to forgive me. Because your the nicest person I've met at Belleville.


My mouth had hung open from the first sentence. And it wasn't closing anytime soon. I'm the nicest person Frank had met in Belleville? It sounds so wierd. I don't know why, but people don't tell me I'm nice, people don't tell me anything. Especially people like Frank Iero. But Frank has the wrong idea, so I don't blame him. He thinks he'd be friendless without the shit heads. No, he'd be better off without them, he'd be friends with us.
But this message was actually pretty informing. I finally know why Frank had always acted so wierd around us all the time. The way he tried to hide from us, or spend as little time as possible with us. The way he'd run away from us. The way he seemed like he had some invisible ghost chasing him away from us. Well, he had. His 'friends' were the invisible ghost.
What I don't understand, is why Frank would want to be the new Jake. Jake was a mean cold hearted piece of crap. He thought that cutting someone's hair when they aren't looking was funny, he thought that jamming someone's finger in a locker was hillarious, he thought that writing I Hate You letters to people from their friends was genious. And those are only a few of the things he thought were funny. But Jake finally got what he deserved, he got kicked out of school. And the way things are going, Frank is headed for the same thing. And if that happens, the band goes down the drain.
I frantically looked at the clock, it read 5:15 A.M. I had been staring into space for an hour.
I quickly pressed the reply button and began to type.

Thanks. I guess I understand why you killed Matt's drums. I'm sorry those guys put you through hell like that. But you have to realize that they aren't your only friends. You've got me, Gerard, and the rest of the band. Well except Matt... If he finds out, that is.
But you have to understand that being the new Jake is not something you should be proud of. It's something you should be ashamed of. Jake was a bully. A bully like the one you faced at your old school. I don't think you want to be what hurt you the most.
A bully.


I pressed send and was satisfied with my answer. I only hoped that Frank would understand and get some new friends because the ones he had now should have 'Beware Of The Dog' labels on them or something. Something that shows people how dangerous they realy are. I printed out the message to show to Gerard at school.
I got up off the computer a few minutes later and began to get ready for school.
If I knew anything, I knew that today, school would be hectic.