Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Gloomy

"Chill out whatcha yelling' for?
Lay back it's all been done before
And if you could only let it be
you will see
I like you the way you are
When we're drivin' in your car
and you're talking to me one on one but you've become
Somebody else round everyone else
You're watching your back like you can't relax
You're tryin' to be cool you look like a fool to me
Tell me"

The Avril Lavigne song boomed in my ears as I was getting dressed. I wasn't surprised that it was stuck in my head. The song was perfect for today, because today, my mind was occupied with thoughts of Frank and how he becomes 'Somebody else around everyone else'. How he was so Complicated.
Today I put on my light pink KISS hoodie. I only wear hoodies when I feel ill, confused, or whenever I just feel bad. It was rainy and foggy outside today. The weather matched how I felt. Bad. I felt bad for Frank and how his loser friends take control of him whenever they want. Like he's their puppet. Or their dog. They promise him popularity in exchange for his loyalty and obedience. A dog owner promises a treat in exchange for loyalty and obedience.
I quickly put on my chapstick and a little bit of eyeliner. I didn't feel like dressing to the nines today. I pulled my hair into pigtails, because it was the easiest thing to do. I threw on my grey skinny jeans and converse and went to eat breakfast. I ate half of my grilled cheese sandwich. I didn't feel like finishing it. I went and stood outside, hood over my head, in the rain, waiting for Nicole to arrive. This was the first time I was early for Nicole. I waited a few more minutes before hearing the familiar honks of Nicole's PT Cruiser. I ran into the car, practically soaked.
"Whoa," said Nicole when she saw me, "What happened to you?"
"Frank Iero." I replied immeadiately.
"Isn't he that new guy who hangs with the popular guys?" I nodded, "What did he do to you?"
"Nothing. I just found out why he's popular."
"What do you mean?" she asked. During the car ride to school, I explained the whole story, from when I had first met Frank during gym, up until this morning, when I had recieved that Email. I took the copy I printed out of my backpack and read it to Nicole. Directly after I finished reading it, Nicole parked the car. We had arrived at school. The song started up again.
"You come over unannounced
dressed up like you're somethin' else
where you are and where it's at you see
you're making me
laugh out when you strike your pose
take off all your preppy clothes
you know you're not fooling anyone
when you've become"
And then I saw him walking into school. Frank Iero.
Except he was'nt wearing his signature black hoodie, he was wearing a white polo and light blue jeans.
He didn't even have his converse on.