Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Obsessed

Have you noticed that in cartoons when the character is in shock their jaw drops and reaches the floor? I am afraid that that just happened to me, except the floor part.
I absolutely refuse to believe that Frank is in love with me. He isn't. He is barely nice to me, how could Gerard think such a thing?
I mean, sure, I think he is cute. I think every member of My Chemical Romance is cute. But there is no way I like him as more than a friend.
"Why would you even say that?" I asked Gerard.
"It's so obvious." he said.
"What?"
"He always looks at you, and he's nice to you. He talks to you." I shook my head.
"No."
"Well, I don't blame him." said Gerard. I shook his latest comment out of my head and managed to get a hold of myself.
"He's not." I croaked. Gerard just looked at me with a crooked smile, "He's not." I repeated myself, more sure of myself than ever. Then the bell rang.

I didn't see Frank again until lunch. The second the bell rang for lunch, Complicated began beating through my head again. Frank sat where he always sat, at the table behind the one I sat at, completing pages of homework that definitely did not belong to him. I stared at him like a hawk. I had an angry, confused, concerned look on my face. Finally he looked over at me. He quickly looked away. His face turned a vibrant shade of red. Like that of a plastic rose. Suddenly something blocked my view.
"Move." I said in a monotonous voice to Nicole as she waved her black nail polished hand infront of me. She says black nails are very high fashion.
"What are you looking at?" she asked. I turned to face her.
"Nothing." I replied. she rolled her eyes at me and scooted over so that her head was directly in front of mine.
"Will you get over him?" she asked after I had pushed her back into her own chair.
"What?" I asked.
"This stupid obsession with Frank. He's a loser, and that's that," she said, "Get over it." Gerard turned to look at me.
"She's kind of right." he said. I stared down at my half eaten sand which. It was muenster cheese, my favorite, but I didn't feel like finishing it. My appetite was destroyed.
"Frank is important. He needs to be in the band." I said to Gerard and Nicole.
"Yeah, but he's more trouble than he is of value." said Gerard. Nicole nodded in agreement.
"Whatever." I said, "I need to talk to him."
"You realy do." said Gerard.
"He's right." said Nicole. I looked over at Frank. He stood up and began to walk out of the cafeteria. The song's volume increased greatly in my head. I stood up and followed him. I tried not to seem obvious and stayed a few feet behind him. He was walking to the nurses office. Before he reached the door, I gathered all my courage. I was scared to talk to him. I didn't know what to expect, but I knew I had to.
"Hey." I said. He turned around and put one foot in front of the other, trying to run away, "Don't do it." I said. He planted his feet firmly onto the ground. He looked about ready to spill the beans, let the cat out of the bag. Finally I thought.
"Chill out whatcha yelling' for?
Laid back it's all been done before
And if you could only let it be
you will see
I like you the way you are
When we're drivin' in your car
and you're talking to me one on one but you've become
Somebody else round everyone else
You're watching your back like you can't relax
You're tryin' to be cool you look like a fool to me
Tell me"