Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Nicole's Secret

I walked to the window in my room. I felt dissapointed in Nicole because I needed to talk to her privately. I looked out my window and saw the wierdest thing. Frank Iero was getting out of Nicole's car. I watched as he said goodbye and walked home. What was Frank doing with Nicole? Did he tell her how he realy felt about her? I was so anxious to know that I wanted to run outside and ask her, but then I remembered I looked like a mess and if I walked outside, my looks alone would murder some innocent flowers. The doorbell rang, and my mom let Nicole in.
I went back to my bed and grabbed a few of my yellow Spongebob Squarepants tissues, this was the first time I was actually using them.
"Oh My God, Marilyn!" yelled Nicole as she ran in and sat down next to me. She wore bright red skinny jeans and a floral top. I felt a little better seeing that she wasn't wearing Abercrombie, "What happened?"
"What were you doing with Frank?" I asked.
"Oh, I gave him a ride home, he was at Jake's house and he kicked him out and refused to drive him home." she explained. Jake lived a few houses away from Nicole.
"Why'd Jake kick him out?" I asked.
"Because Frank told him Jake hated him."
"Well finally" I said. I wanted to feel happy, I knew if it wasn't today I would be happy, but I couldn't.
"But he was acting realy wierd and ran away out of the car the second I pulled up." I wanted to laugh, but I was unable to.
"He tends to do that." I said. Suddenly I remembered the entire day. From when I first pulled on my KISS hoodie and the Avril Lavigne song went through my head, to when I followed Frank to the nurses office during lunch, to when I saw Ray, to band practice when Matt left the band, to when Gerard and I made out afterwards and he reminded me of Fantastic Friday, to now. Now that I was going through a sadness I never felt before. And it all came out again. The tears, that is.
"Oh, Marilyn!" said Nicole as she hugged me, "what is so wrong?"
"I- I have to do it." I stuttered through sobs.
"Do what?" she asked.
"It." I whispered. I couldn't speak. Nicole looked extremely excited.
"That's neccesarily not a bad thing," she began, "Wait, is Gerard pressuring you to do it?"
"No." I said weakly.
"Then whats wrong?" I took a deep breath and composed myself.
"I accidentally promised Gerard I'd do it with him friday night," I looked up at Nicole, she looked excited,"but I don't think I'm ready."
"Then tell him you can't."
"But he's realy looking forward to it, and I promised," I took a break to sob, "haven't you been pressured to do it with Justin before?"
"Yeah, of course," she began, "and we kind of did it before too." I immeadiately pulled her off of me.
"What?" I practically screamed. Nicole had always told me she was going to wait until after she was married. I was just appaled she did not tell me she did it sooner.
"We didn't go all the way," she said quietly, "But we got pretty Uhh..."
"When?" I asked.
"I don't know, a few months ago, before Gerard came along and stuff..." she said.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I demanded.
"I didn't want to dissapoint you," she began, "and I didn't want to make you feel bad because you didn't have a boyfriend or anything, I didn't want to.... Brag."
"Oh." I understood where she was coming from. She hugged me again.
"Your still my best friend." she told me.
"You too." I whispered.
For the next hour she told me all she knew about doing it and helped me make up my mind about Fantastic Friday.
And I knew it would be Fantastic.