Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Demolition Lovers

"Why?" I asked Gerard after he had said Matt Pellisier was calling him. I couldn't believe it. I was in shock. When he stormed off the other day I had thought that he was out of our lives for good, for ever. But it seems that I was wrong.
"I have know idea," he said,"it's not like I picked up."
"Oh."
"Should I call him back?" he asked me. In all honesty, I kind of didn't want Gerard to ever speak to Matt again, but then again I also really wanted to know why Matt had called.
"I, uh, think you should." I said.
"What if he asks to be in the band again?" I let out a laugh.
"Have you gotten amnesia since our last visit with him?" I said, "I highly doubt he'll ever want to see Frank again." Gerard chuckled as well.
"Yeah, I guess calling him won't cause any harm." we still had a few minutes before we had to be in class so we went outside to the main entrance and decided to call him their. Gerard pressed the call button on his phone and instantly the song began to play in my head, only louder than ever, my heart began to race and tears, well up in my eyes. And I didn't ever know why. I quickly turned around to prevent Gerard from seeing me cry.
Why the heck was I crying?
Was it because Gerard was calling Matt?
Was it because I was afraid Bob wouldn't join the band?
Was it because of Fantastic Friday?
Or was it because of all of those things.
And then it clicked.
I was crying because of everything. Every bit of drama that has occured over the past few weeks. The fact that the stupid song wouldn't leave me alone was merely the straw that broke the camel's back. And I, the poor camel.
I felt Gerard put his hand on my shoulder.
"Marilyn, what's wrong?" he asked. I turned around, he had put his phone away. He sounded genuinely concerned, which for some wierd reason made me just cry even harded, "What is it?" he asked again. All I could do was shake my head. He put arms around me and began to whisper the most amazing thing in my ears...
“Hand in mine, into your icy blues
And then I'd say to you we could take to the highway
With this trunk of ammunition too
I'd end my days with you in a hail of bullets

I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know just how much you mean to me
And after all the things we put each other through and

I would drive on to the end with you
A liquor store or two keeps the gas tank full
And I feel like there's nothing left to do
But prove myself to you and we'll keep it running

But this time, I mean it
I'll let you know just how much you mean to me
As snow falls on desert sky
Until the end of everything
I'm trying, I'm trying
To let you know how much you mean
As days fade, and nights grow
And we go cold"
But he was not really whispering, he was singing. Demolition Lovers. And for those few seconds, it was the only song I heard.
"Gerard," I said through tears of happiness, "I love you so much."
"I love you too." he said. And at that moment I knew that Gerard was the one who would
deflower me. And I knew exactly when we would do it too.
The thing is, I was extremely happy about it.