Life, Love, and My Chemical Romance

Emergency Exit

The theme for Fantastic Friday this year was Hollywood. The ballroom where it was held was all gold and silver, the whole place was insanely sparkly. I thought it looked beautiful.
We put our stuff down on an empty table. The music was not very loud because it was early and only a few people were dancing. Gerard and I went to go find the DJ while Nicole and Justin talked to a few friends.
When we found him, we requested he play rock stuff.
“Should I give him money?” Gerard asked me.
“No!” I told him, “Are you crazy?” he started to laugh.
“I was only kidding.” He said. I began to laugh too, “Let’s dance.” Some slow song started playing, and Gerard and I began to slow dance. At first it was really weird because Gerard had put his hands on my shoulders, when he was supposed to put them on my hips.
“You’re supposed to put your hands on my hips…” I whispered. He turned red and quickly moved his hands down.
“Sorry.” He said. I just laughed and moved closer to him. I was so in love with Gerard, I loved every aspect of him. Everything from the way his eyes turned green from brown in a matter of seconds, to the way his voice was kind of high pitched. It only added to his cuteness. Gerard’s personality was not ‘OHMIGOD HE IS SO CUTE’ cute, but it was, ‘AWWWWWWWW cute’. Looking at Gerard makes me think, “OHMIGOD HE IS SO CUTE” but his personality was completely opposite. I guess he kind of got the best of both.
Dancing with Gerard was almost as amazing as kissing him. He was so warm and I, cold as usual. He completed me, without him, I would have frozen to death a long time ago. The H.I.M. song played throught my head as we slow danced, "“No one will love you
No one will love you the way I do
No one will love you
Love you like I do”

Suddenly Gerard pulled away from me, “What the hell?” he whispered to himself. I turned around and wanted to scream. Except I couldn’t because my voice had vanished, I decided it was hiding because it was so scared. I didn’t blame it. Because standing right outside the emergency exit, was Matt Pelissier.
Gerard walked over, I walked back to the table, where Nicole and Justin were sitting, I mean… Making out, “Hey!” I said, trying to get their attention.
“What?” asked Nicole, angrily.
“Do you see that guy Gerard is talking to,” she nodded allowing me to continue, “That’s Matt Pelissier.”
“That freaky drummer dude?” she asked, calmly.
“YES!”
“Who’s that?” asked Justin.
“I’ll explain later,” Nicole told Justin, “So what should we do?”
“I don’t know.” I told her.
“Why don’t you go over their and see what he want with Gerard?” suggested Justin.
“That’s not a bad idea.” I said. Before I could thank them, I went to Gerard’s side, and they went back to kissing.
“Marilyn!” Gerard greeted me, happily. I couldn’t hide the look of perplexity that was slapped onto my face.
“What’s up?” I said as calmly as I could.
“Hey, Mary.” Matt greeted me.
“It’s Marilyn.” I said. I hated it when people called me Mary. I’ve hated the name Mary since the second grade when everyone was obsessed with the ghost, Bloody Mary. Everyone avoided me for years after that, Nicole was my only friend.
“Matt wants to rejoin the band!” exclaimed Gerard.
“Oh.” I mouthed. I couldn’t speak. Gerard obviously noticed the discomfort I was feeling and wiped the smile off his face.
“But, Matt,” began Gerard, “We’ve found a replacement drummer.”
“Oh…”
“But if things don’t work out with him, I’ll be sure to give you a call.”
“Yeah, about that whole calling thing,” he began. He wasn’t very happy anymore, “I called you a few times about the whole drummer thing, and you never picked up or anything…”
“Really?” said Gerard. He looked panicked. I decided to intervene.
“Well we better get going. If any of the teachers see you here, we’ll get kicked out too.”
“Yeah, it’s students only…” said Gerard.
“Okay,” said Matt. He still stood in the doorway. I wanted to point out that him standing in front of the emergency exit was a fire hazard, but I was too frightened to.
“We’ll definitely give you a call though…” said Gerard.
“If the new guy sucks…” I finished.
“Hope to hear from you soon.” Said Matt as he finally turned to leave.
“Bye.” Said Gerard and I simultaneously.
I really and truly think that that was the last time I would see Matt Pelissier again.
And I was beyond happy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it's gonna be a bit hard for me to update regularly for the next few days, I have midterms at school... :S
I'm really Sorry.
Love, Ziggy.