The Day Before

When we met

Who would've thought that my normal high school life day, can turn out so unexpected.
Looking at a grey sky I realised I should hurry going home, since I didn't have an umbrella with me. The bridge I went through was calmer than any time in a day. Usually there would be a lot of tourists but today was a different day. "Must be the weather" I thought. Just when I passed something incredibly dark I realised it was a girl standing on a bridge. I turned around quickly to see her jump off. My legs started running themselves to catch her. Her hand was cold. It was hard for me to hold her with my two hands. When I opened my eyes to look at her I was surprised big time. She had one eye and the other one had an eye patch on it. Though what surprised me more was that one eye where I was looking. It had no life in it, like those grey clouds above us turned dark violet. It was as if the rain will come to us any second now.
I was holding her tightly though I knew I would eventually let go of her. With all my strength I pulled her on myself. Both of us fell down on the bridge's road. It was hard to breath, probably because of her weigh on my face.
- Get off!-I shouted for her and pulled her off my face. She just sat there in front of me with that deadly dark eye. I looked at her. She was dirty like getting back from a dirty hole after digging it. Her clothes were like that too but it looked more like she was running through a forest and ripped her clothes because of the trees. She looked like a Goth because of her clothes and that eye. A violet skirt and a dirty white shirt on top of it with a black tie. She was looking at me like she was looking at my sins. Her hair was strange too. It looked dark violet/black. It was tied up in a ponytail and it didn't look too long nor too short. Her hair was straight but the end of it, it was curly. I wanted to ask her a lot of questions but it wasn't okay to just ask strangers so many questions. So I started off with simple ones.
- Why did you jump off a bridge?- it was like I shouted at her but didn't.
- It was interesting...-she said. In my head there were a lot of thoughts... but an answer to that question drove me off. "How can she possibly want to jump off a bridge to look if it was interesting, is she an UFO or what?!".
- Then...what's your name?- I asked her even though I had a lot of thoughts in my head right now.
- Lu...-it was as if she didn't know.
- Lu?
- Ka...
- Lu..ka?-our strange conversation didn't stop. She just nodded to my words. I guess her name was Luka.
- I'm Shu...-I said to her and didn't know why. She just looked at me with weirder than before eye. I got really confused.
A drop from the sky came in on us. The storm came. I looked at the grey sky which was looking awful. When I saw her stand I stood up myself. She wanted to go again to the bridge but I stopped her.
- Hey, if you want to jump off again, do it without my being here.- the rain started quite fast. A huge wind blown through us. Her hand got even colder than it was before. I took off my school uniform's cardigan and put it on her. She looked at me. Her eye didn't look that creepy as it was before. It was as if the weather changed her deadly eye to a normal one.
- Where do you live?- I asked though I knew the question sounded weird enough but I didn't mean to. I just felt like I don't want to let go of her because she wanted to jump off so that her curiosity would be fulfilled.
- I don't know...- her voice sounded calm. She doesn't know...
- Then...come with me...- my face got a little bit burning even though I didn't want it to be like that. She nodded. I looked at her leg. It was bruised off hard. Blood was coming out of it fast.
- Can you run?- even though I didn't want to make her run, it would be faster to get in my house.
- I don't know...- she repeated her answer. It irritated me. It was like she forgot everything.
I took her in a bridal way even though I didn't want to. I don't know why but my face was burning. "Maybe I got a fever" I thought. When I looked at her she was already asleep. I started to run to my house.
Even though this day didn't turn out as usually, I met a strange girl who didn't know anything except her name. The day just made its turn and escaped leaving me with her...
And yet, it didn't end so easily...