Status: expect short chapters

Page By Page

introducing you and me

You aren't home and it's quiet. That's alright, of course, you can go where ever you please. Then again, on the other page, that means I have to sit through the mindless chatter of the numerous voices on the shelves. You have much reading material. They rang from mysteries to romance and all of their twittering is so very different yet so very alike. It all kind of distorts into one tone, one mindless and tiresome tone.

But you aren't gone for long and the others hush when we can hear you in the kitchen. You're moving towards the room and we all hush in the room when he take notice of the knob on the door turning slowly before stopping. Then you walk into the room, looking as amazing as ever.

With your blue bird egg eyes and that particular smile of yours.

You come for me - me being the only one laying on your desk, next to your other buddy, Rufus. The laptop is a friend to me, especially since he's the one who helped you find me. I'll always feel gratitude towards him. I feel your little hands pick me up, your spidery fingers opening me and turning to the page which is bookmarked by bending an ear. It doesn't hurt; the knowledge of you reading me makes me feel so much, so much that that feeling overrides what ever hurt it may cause. Then you are reading me and I see your lips forming those words on my pages. You've read me before, but I hear you tell yourself that I am just so good, so good that you just have to read me over and over.

You, along with dear Rufus here, gave me a job and that job is to make you feel again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a little trouble posting this, but hopefully it will work this time.

... This has been on my mind for a fairly long time.