Sink or Swim

Fight

School was out for the day, and I walked quickly out of the front door, trying my best to go unnoticed. I only made it halfway across the front yard, when I heard them.

“Hey fagot!”

Shit. I walked a little faster, hoping they would leave me alone today. Of course, I knew that wasn't going to happen.

“Hey! I'm talking to you!”

They weren't very far now. I stopped and turned towards them, glaring daggers.

“What do you want Jack?”

He smirked.

“He wants to know what I want.”, he said unbelievably to his two friends.

They chuckled as well, shaking their heads.

“I think you know what we want Alex.”
“I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about.”

He got closer, standing only a foot away now.

“Fags like you don't deserve to be alive.”. He spat, right in my face.
“I'm sorry you feel that way. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you're secretly in love with me.”

I knew what I was saying wasn't true, and it was going to get me in a lot of trouble, but it just had to be said.

“What did you just say, freak?”. He said, shoving me backwards.

I fell to the ground, looking up at him. He towered over me, and I suddenly feared for my life. I knew he was going kick the shit out of me.

“You're going to wish you hadn't said that.”

He lifted his leg, getting ready to kick me in the ribs, but something stopped him.

“Hey!”

Their heads whipped in the other direction. There stood Caleb, looking very pissed.

“Get the fuck away from him!”

He approached them, getting right in their faces.

“Leave him alone.”
“Or what?”
“Or you're going to wish you had never even laid eyes on him.”

Jack raised his eyebrows.

“Is that a threat, pretty boy?”
“What do you think?”
“I think you ought to get out of here, before I kick your ass as well.”
“I wish you would.”
“That can be arranged.”

He swung at him, and he ducked.

“Missed me.”, Caleb taunted.

This only made Jack angrier, as he swung a second time. This time he managed to get him in the arm. Caleb hissed, clutching his arm tightly.

“Aww, did I hurt you freak?”

He glared at him, and then charged at him, tackling him to the ground.

“Get the fuck off of me!”, Jack yelled.

They tumbled around for a while, hitting and kicking each other. I couldn't stand watching it, but I was too shocked to move. A teacher came over. But it wasn't just any teacher. It was the principal. He was not pleased, I can tell you that.

“Boys! What are you doing?!”

He was a pretty strong guy, and pulled them off of each other, standing them up.

“Again Ficarro? Didn't you learn from the last time you got into a fight?”

Caleb was fuming now. He glared over at Jack.

“Its his fault. He was going to attack my brother!”

He looked at Jack, then at me, before going back to Caleb.

"Both of you never learn, do you? I can't even count how many times I've seen you two in my office.”

They didn't say anything, just glared at each other.

“I want both of you there, now. And I'm calling your parents.”

He walked off to his office, not another word said. Caleb walked over to me, helping me up.

“Hey, you okay?”

I glared at him.

“Leave me alone Caleb.”
“What?"
“You heard me.”
“But I just saved your fucking life! And you treat me like this?!”

He just doesn't understand.

“I didn't want you to help me! Its bad enough I get called a fag, I don't need to look weak too!”

I was so pissed, I didn't even want to hear what he had to say. I walked off, leaving him there, looking extremely confused. I was definitely going to hear it later. That, I'm sure of.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is what Caleb looks like

Image

And this is Alex

Image