Status: larry feels. i should be embarrassed.... but i'm not:)

And Then There Was You

louis makes a phone call

"Basically, I'm the best person ever." Liam said as he caught up with Louis. They had finished rehearsal for the day and were on they're way out.

The two boys were friends. Not like him and Harry, but they got lunch together sometimes. Liam was a great listener, and Louis loved to talk. Louis talked to Liam about things he didn’t want to talk to Eleanor about. Mostly his love life, because Liam was very understanding about it.

"Why's that?" Louis asked, amusement shining in his eyes.

"Well you’re still single right?" Liam asked him.

"I think we've discussed at length my baron wasteland of relationships enough for you to know the answer to that question. And you should also know that I like being that way." Louis responded dryly.

"Right." Liam nodded. "My roommate Harry is single as well and I think-" He began shyly.

"I'm gonna stop you right there. I don't want to be set up with your roommate. I can find my own bloody dates. And I like being single." Louis huffed, sending Liam a glare. The brown eyed lad blanched and chewed on his lip for a moment.

"No listen! This isn't so much a hook up as it is an opportunity. He's in the composition course and he's working on a song, and he was saying how he wanted to try some string in it. Well he didn't like the way my violin sounded so I suggested trying the piece with a cello. And I immediately thought you." Liam explained.

"Seriously?" Louis asked, looking at Liam carefully. Louis had always wanted to collaborate with a student. He was getting sick of classical music.

"He's great, Louis. He's a little awkward and shy. But his heart is always in the right place." Liam said, his voiced laced with affection. Louis could tell how much Liam cared for this Harry kid, but it was weird.

"What makes you think he'd be into me?" Louis asked with a sigh. Liam smiled; his question meant he was considering it.

"I don’t. And if he's not, he'll be thankful for your willingness to assist and you can carry on. If nothing else, just call him to help. It would really mean a lot to him. And then you can see where it goes from there.” Liam offered with a sincere smile.

“I’ll think about it.” Louis said after a long pause. Liam let out a shout of victory and clapped him on the back. “Give me his number.”

Liam obliged happily with a smug grin. He never thought he would be playing cupid for Harry, but he always imagined that they would make a fabulous couple. If Harry weren’t going to go out and make it happen, then Liam would give him a friendly shrug in the right direction.

“You sure you want him to get involved with me, Liam? I’m nothing but trouble for awkward shy boys.” Louis said seriously. Liam just shrugged.

“I have a feeling it will all be okay.” Liam said with a knowing smile. He knew that Louis hated relationships, but he also knew he wasn’t a bad guy. He just didn’t know what he wanted, and he was
perfect for Harry.

_-_-_-_-_

"'Lo?" A groggy voice answered. Louis shivered at the way the deep tenor of his voice filled his ear. He’s never seen him in person, but he could tell from his voice that he was good looking.

"Sorry. Did I wake you? I can call back." He said awkwardly, looking at his watch. It was only seven in the evening. He never thought of asking Liam for Harry sleep schedule. Louis internally groaned, he was already making a fool out of himself.

"S'all right." The voice on the other end replied shortly. Louis could tell that he was still disoriented from being woken up.

"Okay. Um is this Harry?" He said, picking at some invisible flint on his jeans.

"Yes. Who's this?" He replied, sounding more alert now.

"I'm Louis. Liam gave me your number. He said to call you. I’m the cellist. I mean-I’m a cellist. There are a lot of cellists out there. I don’t have like an ego or anything. I just play the cello…” He stopped and cleared his throat, realizing he was beginning to ramble.” I'd be happy to help you out with your song if you need."

"Really?" Harry sounded surprised.

Louis nodded his head. When he remembered that he was on the phone and Harry couldn’t see him, he blushed and blurted an ungraceful reply. "Yeah." Is all he managed.

"I would love that.” Harry gushed. His enthusiasm about the phone call suddenly increased at the prospect of working with Louis.

“Um yeah. Okay. So um…When did you want to meet then?” Louis stammered. This was getting ridiculous.

“Soon. Like tomorrow? I work in this record store and there’s a studio in the back. The owner lets me use some of the when I need to do big projects…Would that be okay?” He asked, not trying to hide how eager he was. Louis smiled at that.

“Yeah. Just give me the address. I’ll come by after my last class. It’ll probably be around four, is that okay?” Louis told him.

“Yeah. Yeah of course. I’ll be there.” Harry said, enthused. He rambled off the address and Louis copied it down carefully. “Thanks again.” Harry said when he had gotten the information he needed.

“Happy to help. See you tomorrow, Harry.” Louis said, loving the way his name sounded coming from his mouth.

“Bye, Louis.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this is longer...but i felt like i should cut it off where i did...haha. feedback would be cool. if not...well thanks for reading:)