Status: This is a re-write of my old story with the same title.

10cc Love Affair

Kickstart My Heart

Summer 1987

The bright Californian morning sunlight began to peak through the curtains as the sounds of the awakening city filtered in through my window. A series of obnoxiously loud honks caused me to awake in a start.

My eyes jutted open just a little too quickly, and I groaned at the piercing pain the sun caused my still sleeping retinas. I rubbed them gently with the back of my hand, unknowingly smearing the remnants of the eve's makeup across my face. My head pounded, sending pulses of pain searing through my spine.

I groaned as I kicked the blankets from my body and swung my legs over the side of the bed. I sat there momentarily, as my vision doubled, tripled and then slowly went back to normal.

I drank waaayyyy too much last night… I thought to myself as I heaved my body, which at the time, felt as if it was made of lead, out of my bed. I grabbed whatever clothes that was nearest to me at the time, threw them on and padded my way down the hallway to the bathroom.

Luckily I had woken up early enough and the bathroom was still unoccupied. Who'd of thought you'd have to fight for bathroom rights when you're living with five guys, but when you're roommates are all in a hair-metal band, you'd have to see it coming.

I enter the bathroom and lock the door behind me, not because I didn't trust the guys, but just because I was super paranoid about someone walking in on me while I was using the toilet.

I stripped off the shorts and t-shirt that I had thrown on only moments earlier, and realized that I really needed to pee. I sat down on the porcelain bowl, and let my bladder go. I sighed in relief as I finished up and started the shower.

I enjoy my showers when they're boiling hot, so I set the temperature and glanced quickly at myself in the mirror.

I was shocked when I saw the reflection of my own face, pale and sickly looking, completely drained of color. Makeup was strewn across my face in a jagged black line. My hair, a matted tangle of knots. If that wasn't a good enough indicator of a night on the town, then my eyes would have given it all away. The dark circles that surrounded them made them seem almost sunken, I felt as though I looked like a zombie.

At this point the room had become thick with steam and the mirror began to fog up, I gave myself one last look before I hopped under steaming hot jets of pure bliss.

It took me a while to coax myself to get out of the shower but I finally turned the tap, causing the flowing water to come to a halt. I pulled back the shower curtain, reached for a towel and wrapped it around myself as I stepped out into the hallway and proceeded to my room.

As I picked out my clothes for the day, my mind began to wander.

I can't believe I'm finally 21…it's crazy, I still feel like I'm only 16.
Memories from earlier years cycled through my head as I pulled on my black mini skirt over my typical fishnet stockings. While I had been lost in my thoughts about the good old days, I hadn't realize Nikki standing in the doorway, watching me as I finished my morning routine. I turned to check myself out in the mirror. "Dayummmm…" Nikki pipped up from behind me. The sudden break of silence caught me off guard, causing me to jump in fright.

I turned to face Nikki, who stood there with a hand on his hip, his eyes scrutinizing every inch of my body while a boyish-grin played his lips.

"How long have you been standing there!" I exclaimed, suddenly feeling self-conscious.
"Long enough…" He chuckled. I rolled my eyes at him and scoffed. "Heyyy, can you blame a guy. Here's a hot chick, she's mostly naked…there's no way I was gonna walk away from that!" He said, his face beaming.

"Plus, I wanted to be the first person to wish you a happy birthday!" He added, kissing my cheek lightly. His lips felt so nice against my skin, shivers ran up my spine from the momentary contact of his skin against mine.

"Aweh, thanks Nikki…although you all wished me a damn good one last night." I said chuckling. He laughed. "Oh right! How's your head this morning?" He asked, ruffling my hair with his hand. "Ughhh…let's not talk about it." I said, remembering the uncountable number of shots we had ingested the night before.

"So…tonight…do you have any plans?" Nikki asked, taking my hand in his. Butterflies soared through my stomach, as I took a second to process his question. "No, no plans." I managed to say, as he kissed my hand tenderly.

"Great! Can I take you out for the night? You know, just me and you…?" He asked staring at me intently.

It took me a few seconds to answer because my mind was on overdrive. My heart was doing summersaults in my chest and I managed to stammer, "Yes, of course. I would love to."
His face lit up, and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a tender kiss.

Everything was moving too fast for me too be able to process, I just stood there in his arms, with a goofy, dazed look on my face.

"I have to go to rehearsal now, but, uh, I'll pick you up at seven?" I nodded, and he smiled, kissing the top of my head as he headed out.

I stood there for a few minutes, just rewinding the past five minutes in my head.
Finally it dawned on me…
I was going on a date with Nikki Sixx!