Status: In Progress, please be patient with us. Comments motivate us! <3

It'll Be Your Name on My Last Breath

I Miss That

When I walked into the house, Jake was lounging on the couch. It looked like he was texting someone. I still went over and sat next to him. I laid right across his lap. It got me a smile once he moved his phone to the side.

“Well, hello there,” he grinned.

“Whatchya doing?” I couldn’t help but giggle. I felt way better than earlier.

“Trying to see if anyone wants to ride,” I sighed.

“Aw, is everyone turning Jakey down?” I pouted at him and reached up to pinch his cheek softly.

“Expect Wil,” he huffed.

“Well, you don’t need to ride today then,” I tried to brush it off.

“We can ride,” he snickered.

“But your race is in two days and…”

“Exactly. I need more practice,” he cut me off.

“Isn’t Ryan riding?” I questioned, referring to his teammate.

“He’s doing something with Kawasaki,” he shrugged.

I didn’t want to ride with Wil! I didn’t want to be around Wil either. With everything that’s happened today, I just didn’t feel like it was the best thing to do. I needed to convince Jake that it should be just us, but… He needs more competition than me! It’s not like Wil is either on his 250…

“I just got my nails done! I can’t ride!” I told him and showed off my bright green tips.

“… Why would you get your nails done?” he chuckled.

“Because I felt like it!” I threw back playfully.

“It’s so you have something to dig into my back huh?” he raised his eyebrow at me.

“You’d like that,” I snickered

“Mhm,” he mumbled as he bent down to kiss my lips gently.

As I tried to deepen it, there was a loud knock on the door. I pulled away from Jake and let out a groan. I just wanted him! Why must there be interruptions? Chuckling at my annoyance, he got up and answered the door since I wasn’t going to.

“Weimz!” the voice of Wil Hahn nearly squealed.

“What’d up, dude?” Jake’s voice gave away that he was smiling.

“Ready to ride,” he replied as the boys walked into the room, “Hi, Ky,” he went on once he saw me.

“Hi, Wil,” I put on a smile.

“Sending my chick flowers now?” Jake latched on to Wil’s shoulders to give him a playful push.

“It was for lunch the other day!” he chuckled, “I sent them to her and Calyn anyway…”

“Are you guys riding?” I changed subjects.

“Well, you can’t since you just got your nails done…” Jake teased.

“I can do your pitboard or something,” I countered.

He agreed and him and Wil went into the garage to get changed. Before I followed, I thought about stopping in on Calyn to voice my anxiety, but… she’s with Eli. Who knows what I would walk into? I went to my room and grabbed a hoodie and tugged a beanie over my head and then followed the boys. They were just mounting their bikes when I did. Without saying a word, I grabbed a stopwatch and the pitboard. Jake stayed behind as Wil took off. He looked back at me and patted the back of his seat, telling me to climb on.

Before I got off once he was at the track, I reached over and tugged his helmet down just enough so that I could give him a kiss. He smiled at me for a few moments and then took off.

While the boys were on the track, I was actually fine with everything. I was just focusing on Jake and the way he smoothly moved about the course. Wil didn’t matter. But then he pulled off the track… He took his bike back to the garage and I thought was going to load up and leave. But instead… he walked back over to me.

“He’s looking good,” he started as Jake past us.

“He always does,” I answered, erasing his time from the board.

I wasn’t looking at him, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw that he nodded his head. After this, things grew so awkward. I didn’t know what to say… and it felt like he wanted to say something to me. Please just don’t start! Jake finish up already!

“So… I feel like we’ve went from being best friends to… not knowing each other at all,” he started.

“We just don’t… talk like we used to,” I shrug.

“I miss that though,” he countered.

“Wil…” I sighed. No! Don’t say that!

Before I could go on or Wil could reply, Jake came in and stopped between the two of us. After killing the engine, he took his helmet and goggles off; his blond curls bouncing as they came to a rest on his head. What was I… worked up about before?

“I’m pretty sure she was just checking you ass out the whole time,” Wil snickered.

“Wouldn’t be the first time,” Jake teased.

“… So?!” I giggled.

“As long as I get to look at hers, I think it’s fair,” he added.

“I’m ok with that,” I replied and went over to him.

He brought an arm around me and we kind of went over how he did. I thought he did awesome. But… I’m his girlfriend. I always think he’s awesome. I kept on him though. It was less time I had to talk to Wil! Thankfully, he didn’t say anything else about what we were discussing before Jake came over. Shortly after Jake took his bike back to the garage, Wil left and I just felt so relieved. I really don’t know how this is going to work when the Supercross season starts to go to the eastern regions… and I’ll have to see Wil every weekend. This is getting so bad so fast!
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun duuuuun lol

Ky