Status: In Progress, please be patient with us. Comments motivate us! <3

It'll Be Your Name on My Last Breath

Growing Apart

“You two,” I mumbled to Eli as he walked out into the living room.

“What?” he chuckled with his cheeky grin staying behind way after that faded away. “Just because you haven’t been getting any, doesn’t mean we can’t…” he added.

“Getting any of what?” Liam asked as he looked up at me.

“Nothing!” I replied and glared at Eli… making him laugh once again!

He went into the kitchen, chuckling still. When he came out he had two bottles of water in his hand and a juice box in the other. He gave the juice to Liam and handed a water to me. I told him thanks as he plopped down on the couch. After Liam took a few sips, he put it on the table and went on to play with his little dirt bike toys.

“How’d riding go?” Eli struck up conversation.

“Awesome!” I couldn’t help but smile.

“Jake teaching him a thing or two?” he snickered.

“It was just… Wil and I,” I corrected him.

“Oh?” he raised an eyebrow at me.

“I asked Jake to come, but he said he… didn’t really want to,” I sighed.

“He hasn’t been around much either…”

“Yeah,” I shrugged. I didn’t… really want to talk about it.

“So… how much longer do we have with this bundle of joy?” he changed subjects, smiling at my little boy.

“Um… I was… actually talking to my parents about… letting him move out here now since Wil’s involved and everything,” I replied.

“Oh… That must be why Calyn was talking about getting a place in Colorado,” he countered.

“… What?” Did he just… say what I… think he said?

“She hasn’t… brought this up to you?” he seemed surprised.

“No,” I answered.

“Oh well… maybe she will,” he shrugged.

“Yeah,” I responded and looked down at Liam.

I mean… I shouldn’t be bothered that she’s thinking about getting a house in Colorado. Just that… she hasn’t said anything to me about is what’s getting to me. But then it made me really over analyze everything! Does she… not like that Liam’s here? Is that why… she wants her own place? Does she not have enough privacy now? Did she not want me to know in the first place? Ah! So many things!

While I was still wrapped up in all of this, my phone rang. It scared me out of my thoughts even. After I contained myself I got it from my pocket and smiled once I saw who it was. Before I answered, I went out into the kitchen to have a little more private conversation.

“Hello?” I beamed.

“Oh… I must have the wrong number. I was trying to get a hold of my girlfriend…”

“Jake!” I cut him off through a giggle.

“What are you doing, babe?” he countered and I could hear the smile in his voice. AW!

“Missing you,” I pouted. I haven’t seen him for like three days!

“You’ll see me tomorrow,” he replied.

“I know, but… I don’t like this only seeing you at your races now,” I continued to pout, hoping he was visualizing it and he would come over.

“But you and Wil need time with Liam,” he repeated… like he has every time before.

“Wil offered to keep him this weekend after the race so… we could have some time together,” I bit my lip at the thought.

“Really?” he asked… and didn’t seem as excited as I thought he should be.

Sexy time, Jake! Come on!

“Or if you don’t want to, I can just stay with Wil the whole time so I’m not in your way,” I kind of just… let slip out.

I just wanted to spend time with my boyfriend… and he totally doesn’t even seem the least bit interested in spending time with me now. It’s so frustrating!

“If that’s what you want to do,” he huffed.

“No, it’s not what I want to do. But it’s what I feel like you want me to do,” I muttered.

“You can do whatever you want,” he sighed.

I wasn’t even going to try and talk to him anymore. I told him that I had to go and hung up. Once we were off the phone, I put my phone down and put my elbows on the countertop only to put my head in my hands. Ever since Liam was introduced to Wil, I feel like… Jake and I are… growing apart. That fact scares me. I didn’t want that to happen. But… I don’t really know how to stop it either.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh ohhhhh

comment??