The Bride and Her Bloodlust

Chapter 2

I hadn’t noticed nor been informed of the Master’s return. After two incredibly boring weeks, I was in our room, handling my mother’s old Witch blade.

I enjoyed getting it and the twin pistols out. I liked cleaning them, holding them. I often practiced using them by myself. Not that I could do any damage. The blade was dull and harmless as a stick and the pistols had no normal bullet chambers and couldn’t be used. They held Matter, the energy of a witch. Once filled with the stuff, these weapons were incredibly dangerous. But my Matter was sealed away. It had been since I was thirteen years old. The Master recognised the dangers I was putting myself into by escaping and trying to hunt down the murderer of my family so he put a stop to it. He sealed my Matter away and only he could release it. I had nagged him numerous times over the years to take the seal off permanently, hoping our new relationship would have some sway over the subject, but he had only refused.

I was a Black Blood Witch. I was forbidden, a monstrosity. I was a danger. If the Elders found out I existed, both the Master, who created me, and myself would be killed. He didn’t want that, and neither did I to be honest, so he kept the Matter sealed so no one could sniff me out. So far, the ruse was working. Only those close to the Master even knew he took me in when I was a child and continued to protect the secret. Those who didn’t forgot my face. I was simply another servant.

While I understood why I couldn’t have it back, I missed my Matter. I missed the little connection I had to the family I was slowly forgetting. I couldn’t remember what they looked like anymore, only what they sounded like.

Quietly I held the sword in my hands. It was long and thin, with a small silver pommel. It was strange to think this had once been my mother’s, that she had held it and used it in battle.

I stood and gripped the sword. It was light, as if I was holding a hollow stick. But that may be due to my vampiric strength. I couldn’t remember what it was like to be as weak as I once was nor could I imagine it.

Absentmindedly, I went over simple drills I could barely remember. Since the age of five, my mother had gone over simple strikes and deflecting moves. I did this for some time. My face remained blank and my senses dulled until the moment I sensed someone behind me.

Their fingers only brushed my shoulder before I smacked their hand away and the tip of the blade was pressed against their jugular. My expression was still blank as I stared with glowing eyes at the man who had tried to sneak up on me.

His smile was there, playing at his mouth, as his eyes danced over my face happily. His gentle face was soft with contentment but there was a hard glint in his eyes. Something raw and passionate. While I didn’t show any reaction, I felt my teeth lengthen a little and my hands twitch with the urge to touch his face. It had been too long since I last felt him.

“I am home.” Lucius, my master, announced.

“I noticed.” I said bluntly. The sword was still pressed against his throat but he didn’t seem to care. “You’re early.” I stated.

His smile grew as he chuckled deeply, an expression that made me want to leap at him and hold him. I refrained and simply gripped the sword tighter. “I managed to get out early. The Lady tends to deal with the bigger Clans first so she let me go.”

I hummed and slowly withdrew the old sword. “Did she say anything?”

“No. She refuses to tell me still on how she will thicken James’ blood.” He replied, rubbing his neck as he watched me intently put away the weapons with care.

I locked the case and pocketed the key, thinking deeply. Eva, at James’ birth, had said the line of the Rain Clan shall remain pure. This was of course impossible. As James had a human mother, his blood was tainted. The human blood would eat and eat away with every generation until only humans were born. Such was the curse of almost every Clan and very few Blue lines remained. Some Clans had even faded into humanity, thus cutting down even more of our few numbers. Morrigan had tried to protect her but in such a violent and controlling manner I had to have her killed. Now, the core line of the Rain Clan, an ancient and large family, was no longer pure. Only Lucius and Alphonse remained.

But Eva was convinced she could cure James. She could turn him into a pure blood but she refused to say how. So we all remained in the dark, utterly confused as to how she would go about doing this. Once James was of age, she would strengthen his blood. The only core line would remain pure.

As I put the box back in the safe, my mind wondered back to a small want that had been growing in my mind. A want that could never happen. A child. The thought had been bubbling for the last couple of years and I was confused as to why it had started. I never imagined myself a mother and I could never bare a child. I was a Black Blood and was rendered infertile the moment I was turned. A child wasn’t possible.

I told myself this again, battered the stupid thoughts away and zoned back onto Lucius’ soothing voice as he spoke to me. I quickly gathered that he was talking about what he heard of other Clans. Two had vanished to human blood and another was annihilated.

He paused, watching me closely as I sat on the bed. I stared back, letting my eyes gaze at his own with attention, but I knew he knew I hadn’t been listening. He sighed and came to sit beside me. For a moment we were both quiet. I didn’t like the quietness nor did I like him sitting so close. I hadn’t fed in such a long time nor had I felt him. It was very difficult to keep myself from just latching onto his neck. I bit my lip and stared darkly at the wall in front of me.

“Have things remained calm while I have been away?”

I nodded stiffly, glancing at him. His voice was oddly serious. “They have.”

Lucius nodded and remained quiet and grim. It bothered me. I didn’t like seeing him like that.

I turned and let my hands hold his face, forcing him to look at me. I knew this was a mistake. The moment I felt his skin I felt the urge to feed, the desire to have him, fill me up rapidly. It was quite difficult to keep myself under control.

“What is it?” I asked thickly. “What was said at the Gathering?”

He didn’t seem to be listening though. His eyes had darkened considerably and his lips had parted, showing his own fangs. His breathing was becoming heavier as he clenched his hands tightly. I hated it when he did that. Seeing him so excited always stirred something within myself.

With fading control, I forced my voice to work. “Lucius, focus please. What did you find out?”

“It can wait." He said heavily as he leaned forward sharply and pressed his mouth hard against mine.

For a brief moment my mind went blank. All I could focus on was his mouth, his teeth as they nipped at my lips and his hands as they felt me. I pulled me to straddle him, letting him have better access to my curves and legs as he stroked me eagerly. When his mouth left mine to kiss my neck and rake his fangs against my soft skin, I got some sense back.

“Lucius! Answer me.” I said as savagely as I could. Not that it worked, even if I had managed to get the tone right. It never did when he was in this state. Just like I had to feed from him to keep his sanity, he had to feed from me. He was addicted to my witch blood and had to have it to remain sane. When he was without it for several days, he’d become a little frenzied with me. Not that I minded and not that I told him that.

“I did. We’ll talk of it later.” He murmured huskily and he nuzzled away the button of my dress, slowly revealing the curves of my breasts. He may have done this to me many times now but it still made me red faced with embarrassment. “First, I need to feed.”

His hands gripped my thighs when his teeth sunk deep into my breast. I whimpered and grasped at his hair, trying to bite back my moan as an explosion of hot pleasure filled my body. Continuing to gasp as he fed hungrily from me, I quietly let him beat me. I let go of anything fight and all thoughts of trying to find out what was bothering him. For now he could have me and I could welcome him home as I normally did.

What made his expression so dark and worried could wait.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah, so sleepy. I may go over this part when I am more awake and bulk it up. Feel it is lacking something but can't put my finger on it.