And Only Surrender Will Help You Now

And You Give Me Rest

You calm the storms, and you give me rest
You hold me in your hands, you wont let me fall
You still my heart, and you take my breath away
Would you take me in?
Take me deeper now?

~ Lifehouse

____________________________

Arriving back at the house, Kate made up an excuse to stay outside instead of joining the others inside. When the door closed behind them she turned on her heel and quickly started walking down the street, her thoughts racing a hundred miles an hour. She ignored the sound of a door opening, someone calling her name, and then the rapid steps heading her way. Kate had just gone around the corner of the sidewalk when a big hand closed around her wrist and then she was being turned around.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

Brian's brown eyes were drilling so deeply into her green ones that she had to look away. The grip around Kate's wrist wasn't hard but it was firm, and her tries to twist free were hopeless. "Nothing, I'm fine, if you could just let me go-"

When she tried to use her other hand to get free from Brian, he only caught that one as well and bent down slightly to be closer to her level.

"Katie, you're not fine. Why wont you just tell me? We are getting married after all," at the end he tried to heighten her spirits, but only succeeded in making Kate burst into tears.

"Woah! I'm sorry! Please don't cry!"

Brian pulled her into a hug and Kate clutched his shirt in her tightly fisted hands, mumbling something unintelligible between hick-ups. After a few minutes of this, Brian pulled away but framed her tear stained face between his hands.

"Katie-Cat, I can't help you feel better if you wont tell me what's wrong."

Taking a few shuddering breaths, Kate tried to calm herself down enough to be able to speak.

"I forgot."

"Forgot what?"

"I forgot what it's like to have a family that cares."

The both of them stayed silent after that, and the only movement between them was Brian's thumbs that were drying stray tears from Kate's cheeks. She was the first one to talk: "I don't know if I can do this anymore."

Knowing that she was talking about the whole 'fake' wedding, Brian once again drew her into a hug. "You can do it, Katie. We just have to stay married for a little while, just like you said this morning. Everything's gonna turn out okay."

Kate definitely still had her doubts but knew that trying to convince Brian otherwise than that this would turn out fine, wouldn't work. Instead she just stayed standing in his arms and hoped for the best.
__________________________

Once Kate had finally calmed down and the only proof of her crying were her red, swollen eyes, the two started making their way back to Brian's parents' house. An unfamiliar car was standing in the driveway and Artie Sr. was standing outside the front door, talking to someone that most likely was the owner of said car.

Getting closer to the house, both Kate and Brian instantly recognized the face of Sean Walker.

"Brian, Katherine," was the only greeting he offered before heading directly to the reason of his visit, "I have gotten word that you two are getting married tomorrow. It seems like very short notice considering the fact that you told me and Coach Tortorella that you didn't have anything planned yet.

"I think it all seems to be a little suspicious. Just a couple of days ago we found out about your engagement, on the same day you find out that you're going to be deported, nonetheless."

It seemed as if Kate and Artie could only stand there and listen. Brian, on the other hand, straightened his back and looked even taller than his 6'7'' height.

"If you're implying that this is some kind of fake wedding to keep Katie in the country, then you're wrong. Katie and I weren't supposed to fall in love but we did. Nothing else about it. We're getting married because we want to, not because we have to. Are we done here?"

Without waiting for Walker to say something else, Brian grabbed Kate's hand and walked past his father and Sean Walker, into the house.
___________________________

Kate was currently sitting in the bathroom since it was the only place she could get some time for herself. The house was buzzing of life. All of Brian's sisters and sister-in-laws were present and making sure that everything was ready for the coming big day.

She was not the only one overwhelmed since it seemed as if all the men had dissapeared somewhere as well, but Kate was sure that none of the other women around the house had even noticed.

Just like earlier that day Kate had her, very strong, doubts about the whole wedding but she couldn't seem to get Brian's words to Walker out of her head for some reason.

After having barricaded herself in the bathroom for around twenty minutes, she felt that it was time to face the music again. Upon exiting the bathroom into Brian's bedroom, she found Judy in there, grabbing a pillow from the bed and a duvet from the closet. She stopped what she was doing and turned to face the redhead.

"There you are, dearie. We were starting to wonder."

"What are you doing?"

Judy looked at the two items in her arms. "Just grabbing some things for Brian."

"Why?"

"He can't see his bride before the wedding, so you'll have the bed all to yourself tonight."

Just as she finished that sentence Brian came through the door. "What're you doin', ma?"

"Grabbing some things for you. I'll let you say good night to her and then I'll meet you in Chris' old room." With a small wave and a wink Judy left the room.

Brian and Kate stood there, facing eachother for about a minute before Brian shuffled his feet and said: "I guess we should say good night then."

Nodding, Kate took a few steps towards him, stood on her tip-toes and brushed her lips over his cheek.

"Good night, Brian."
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one chapter left now!

I would love it if you would check out my newest story that I will start updating once I get move on it. It's called I Just Wanna Be Loved By You and it's with Mister Jonathan Toews.

Title credit: Everything - Lifehouse.