Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

Locating Mickey Brisbane had been easier than expected. He was drinking in a run down strip club just off Willard street and had been thrown out by the owner for groping one of the girls. A big mistake in any of these establishments.
Jem and Doug had watched him from the bar push twenties down the girl's thong and boots, leering at them like he was a kid in the candy store. Greedy.

They follow him at a safe distance, hanging back when he stumbled and took a piss in a trash can. Mickey Brisbane is seriously overweight and has piggy eyes that are behind thick lenses and are to strip clothing from young women, even after his sentence. His mullet styled hair is greasy and sticks to his sweaty forehead. Occasionally he stops to catch his breath and takes the alleyway behind a take-away to get home quicker.

Doug and Jem walk quickly to catch up with him, the location ideal where there is no witnesses. They pull the masks over their faces and stride right up to him.

Mickey had blamed the beer and whisky for his paranoia, forgetting that a lot of people from the Old Town have their scores to settle. As far as he is concerned he is completely innocent and has been wronged by the justice system.
He stumbles and falls flat on his face as a punch cracks into the back of his skull. He tries to shield his head as the scattering of punches and kicks slam into his body.

"Please- stop" he cries.

"Fuckin' stop?" Jem grabs him by the lapels of his faded blue coat, his face millimetres away from Brisbane's.

"You didn't fuckin' stop when Tracey O'Hara told you to. You fuckin' fuck!" Jem slams his fist hard into Brisbane's face, a stream of blood staining his coat and shit.

"You deserve to fuckin' rot you fucker" another hard punch.

Doug grabs Brisbane and stands him up against the brick wall.

"We got ourselves a problem" Doug says coolly as Jem holds him to the wall by his throat. "You're a dead man, Mickey. Seriously dead. But I'm wondering who we send the corpse to since your folks ran off"

"I'm sorry" Brisbane whimpers."She let me"

"Did she fuck" Jem spits venomously."She was a twelve year old kid and you fuckin' raped her you piece of shit" Jem slams his fists into the man's stomach and face, watching him crumple to the ground. "You killed her"

Doug leans over so he is eye to eye with Brisbane, the purple welts already showing.

"Why shouldn't we just kill you now and save everyone the trouble, huh?" Doug asks. "Whose gonna miss a fucking paedophile"

Jem pulls out his Sig Sauer from the back of his pants and shoves it into his groin, a wet patch forming in the man's jeans.

Doug knows that Jem is capable of using the gun, of shooting the man and killing him, and for once he doesn't care. Mickey Brisbane deserves to be shot down.

"Think you're so fuckin' tough now, huh?" Jem digs the gun into the wet patch. "Gonna fuck with kids with no dick?"

Jem squeezes the trigger.

Mickey Brisbane grabs his groin and screams in pain, feeling the warm stickyness of his blood.

"You fucking die or I'm gonna come back here with some bolt cutters. Got it?" Jem snaps and punches him once more for good measure.

*******
Fiona replaces the black phone in the cradle and smiles, satisfaction. She has just spoken to one of the junior lawyers employed by the district attorney's office and is pleased that the case had gone so well, ending in a conviction of guilty.
Wendy Miller had finally taken her abusive husband to court for battery. This time, he had put her in hospital with a fractured spine and she finally made that decision that enough was enough. Sixteen years of walking on egg shells, countless trips to the emergency room had finally come to an end when she saw her soon to be ex-husband sentenced to two years in prison.

Fiona had reviewed the case and had advised the ambitious young lawyer and she feels good that she has helped someone who lacked confidence. However, Fiona's mind is elsewhere as she settles down behind her desk. With every criminal act reported to her office, it didn't always mean the perpetrator had been detained or caught. She reads the email sent from a detective and tries not to let her own opinions cloud her professional judgement.

A local man, Mickey Brisbane had staggered into the emergency room, seriously injured. Anyone who has sustained injury from violent circumstances is automatically reported to the police, this one being no different. Fiona reads on that Brisbane had been battered to within an inch of his life and then shot in the genitals. There is a note at the bottom of the report from the officers who questioned Brisbane at the hospital and they have concluded that this act of violence is simply payback.

She pulls up Brisbane's file and shakes her head. It's no wonder someone decided to take the law into their own hands and unsurprisingly the police have a list of suspects as long as her arm. She doubts that whoever attacked Brisbane will hold their hands up to it and she can't see anyone coming forward with information. Her own personal opinion is that Brisbane deserved everything he got after what he's did to that little girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
How is everyone liking this or is it a waste of time?