Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

"The messenger will come around back, open the doors and load the coal bag. That's when we'll hit them and take whatever we can from the back. Then the call will go out" Doug says confidently. He's been studying this for weeks and knows how it works.

"How long do we have before the call goes to dispatch?" Gloansy asks and resets the stopwatch.

"Depends on the nearest car."

Jem holds up a bullet and shows it to Doug.

"This is for our friends in law enforcement .762 round. Go through a car door, a vest and the ceramic chest plate, an engine block and two people" Jem grins wildly.

It's worrying how violent Jem can really be.

"They give you a nice boost to your sentence for that" Gloansy adds from the front.

"They gonna add twenty years to two hundred? They go after me they gotta know I'm taking motherfuckers with me" Jem replies, certain.

"Alright. Let's fucking go"

*****

Gloansy drives the mini-van, Des as his passenger and Jem and Doug in the back seat. They wait patiently as the armoured truck rounds the corner. Everyone's adrenaline skyrockets. Doug reaches down and pulls on his mask. Their masks disguise their whole faces and are eerily grotesque, halloween nun masks purchased at any retail outlet, untraceable.
Doug and Jem jump from the car, their guns drawn as they make their way to the back of the truck.

Jem cracks one of the guards on the back of the head with the butt of his AK-47

"Stay on the ground!" Jem warns the guard.

Doug aims at the second messenger and tells him to get down on the ground as well. Maybe it's stupidity, but the second guard try's to half lunge/ escape, but Doug subdues him. He grabs the coal bag and waits for Jem, his gun pointed at the guards.

"Think about it. Thirteen bucks an hour" Doug says to the second man.

Jem goes through the back of the van, searching for loot and stashing it in the black bags. As he searches he checks the driver who is shitting bullets in the cab.

"Call went out" Gloansy shouts over the people who are frozen in place, watching and doing nothing.

"Let's get out of here. Now" Doug shouts as they load the bags into the mini-van, an approaching siren only a few streets away.
Gloansy guns the engine as the patrol car hesitantly approaches the area.

"That was quick" Gloansy says.

"Must have been down the street" Doug suggests.

The patrol car screeches behind them.

"Light them up!" Jem and Doug aim their AK's at the stationary cop car, but Doug stops their plans when he realises that across the street is a school full of kids.

Jem and Gloansy look round and notice the school kids. They jump into the mini-van, taking their battle away from the innocent kids who could get hurt or killed.

The mini-van speeds through the streets, narrowly missing oncoming traffic and mounting the kerb. Pedestrians run into the small stores for safety as the police chase the mad-men. Gloansy swerves around a corner and smashes into a car, the driver abandoning his car as the gunmen decide to swap vehicles. A cop car comes right up their asses. Jem and Doug open fire, blowing out the tyres and shooting the two patrol cops. Gloansy and Des load the bags into the second car as Jem and Doug fire rounds into another cruiser. The cops are either dead or seriously injured, no movement from them. Jem pours over the bleach from the trunk and sets the mini-van alight, wiping out any trace of them.
Before any other police units are there, they are gone in the second car and are driving towards their next switch car.

They've gotten away with another robbery.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is everyone enjoying this?