Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

He is breathing heavily and is restless, his body soaked in sweat as the images play in his mind like a movie reel. He feels the pain in his nightmare, hot and searing,unrelenting and unforgettable. He sits bolt right up in bed, sweat pouring off him as he fights for breath. His eyes wide in panic. It takes a few minutes for him to realise where he is, his eyes scanning the bedroom.

"Jem?" Fiona turns on the light and puts her hand on his shoulder.
His chest is heaving, his forehead sweaty. The pain in his ribs are nothing compared to the pain from the nightmare elsewhere.

"Jem. Speak to me" she says, cupping his face gently. "Jem"

"I'm okay" he mumbles. She's not convinced."I'm okay"

"Let me get you a drink" she gets up as he leans against the headboard, rearranging the pillows.

He takes in a few deep breaths as he awkwardly sips from the glass, a small trail dribbling down his chin and onto his hairless chest.

"Jem?" She says softly. He looks at her with teary eyes. She had never once seen him emotional and it worries her that he's suddenly upset. A tear plops down onto his cheek.

"Just a nightmare"he says, chewing on his bottom lip.

"What about?"

Jem swallows the lump in his throat as he remembers what happened. How it happened and how he couldn't stop it. He hadn't been the same sine and his cell-mate wouldn't look at him in the eye.

"What happened" he says in a whisper."In prison"

"Oh, Jem" she hugs him tightly as his shoulders shudder, his tears breaking free. He tries to cover his face. "It's okay. You're safe. I promise" she kisses his head and runs her fingers through his hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
How is everyone enjoying this? Be sure to read Fate's Cruel Hand which is the sequal to Life After You, and my new story Taking a Chance.