Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

The drive into The Town had just been like old times, listening to the radio and talking about old times. The good old times where the two brothers would get drunk and get into fights, coming up with the latest scam for a bit of money. It was like Jem had never left the town. But as they drove down familiar streets, Jem realised that the old town was minute compared to how it had once been.

Doug pulls up in front of the three storey house, he, Jem and Krista having a floor each at their own leisure. The house is old and badly needing a few major repairs. The lawn needs cut and the weeds need hacked down, kid's toys scattered around and left to the environment.
Jem dumps his bag in the hallway at the foot of the stairs and looks around. Nothing's changed. The walls are still papered stripes of green and cold, the smell of cigarette smoke and bee in the air. Krista emerges from the kitchen with a toddler balancing on her hip. The little girl is dressed in a short and t-shirt set, the front of her covered in some sort of green food stains.

"Looks whose here" Krista coos in a childish voice to her baby girl."Hey" she hugs her brother with one arm and he quickly pulls away.

"Hey, kid" his voice is soft as he tickles his niece's chin. The baby giggles and tries to hold onto his finger, his knuckles scarred from the many beatings he had dished out in his life.

"I made pasta. It's in a pot on the stove. Help yourself" Krista says, making eye contact with Doug. He looks away. He's been there before and he doesn't want to go there again. He knows better to not go there again.

Jem had spent his first night back in civilisation by getting completely wrecked at a bar, draining beer after beer and pouring shots of whisky down his throat. The alcohol combined with the cocaine made him feel almost normal for the first time in nine years. He had flirted with the trashy girls his sister knew and planned on taking someone home. That hadn't happened, but one of the girls in the bar had given him a hard-on.
Jem had collapsed into his bed at around five in the morning, completely blitzed on drugs and booze.
♠ ♠ ♠
Would love some feedback and comments people.