Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

The news of Jem and Fiona's engagement was kept strictly to close friends because it would have a serious impact on Fiona's profession. Her colleagues in the prosecution and defence fields would have a field day if they discovered she was intending to marry one of Charlestown's biggest career criminals. But the news of Jem's rape spread like wildfire and when he went anywhere, he was met with pitiful stares and awkward conversations. Thankfully, he had been on a natural high since Fiona accepted his proposal and wanted to shout it from the rooftops.

The four men had been sent for by the Florist, Fergus "Fergie" Colm and were told to on time. The four men follow Fergie into the walk in cooler and take a seat on the overturned boxes. Fergus Colm, an old man who used a floral business to cover his illegal activities, mostly ranging from drugs to extortion and murder.
He has his finger in many pies and has an extremely violent reputation that a lot of people won't cross.

"I want you boys on a job I got for ya" the bald headed, skinny Irishman says in a very thick southern Irish accent.

Doug bites his tongue. He doesn't want to work for Fergie and is being forced to, blackmailed that Claire will get hurt if he doesn't.

"What's the job?" Doug asks evenly. He wants to hear what he has to and then he can go.

"You boys want to hit the big time and I can give you it on a silver platter. I supply the inside information and you boys rob the place blind"

Fergie goes on to say that his informant owes him money, some bets on the horses and some minor drug loans. He rambles on about the old Town which suits Jem just fine, but Doug can see the change. Jem talked about getting clean and asked if he could go to one of Doug's meetings.

Fergie went on, going through all the unglamorous details of the job and finally told them where they would be robbing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's such a short chapter. But all will be revealed.