Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

Doug sips his lukewarm coffee, studying the front of the Sovereign bank from his outside seat at the small cafe across the street. For the last week he had sat in the very same spot, calculating and scheming. He had told Jem what their next job would be and he liked it. Doug, the careful planner wanted everything to run smoothly and kept the thought of possible arrests to himself. He didn't want to put anymore pressure on the boys.
He leaves a dollar tip on the table and pulls the baseball cap down over his eyes, not wanting to be seen by anyone who could possibly remember him. Doug had taken the precaution of parking his car a couple of blocks a way. He didn't want anything to connect him to the bank that could be used against him. He thinks back to the old ways of the town, how everyone knew each other and there was a mutual respect. Nobody gave a shit about anybody but themselves.

Doug thinks about Harry Nolan and how greedy he and his boys had got after robbing post-offices and an armoured truck out of town. Nolan and his team had pulled off the armoured truck and were on their way to safety when one of his guys realised they had messed up. Harry and his boys are safely tucked up in Walpole, the town safe again without them.

Doug returns to the three storey house and flops into the old armchair nearest the TV. He mindlessly flicks through the channels, his mind completely stuck on the next job that could make him and his three buddies very rich. That's if everything goes according to plan. He can hear Krista stomping around upstairs, the music suddenly switched off.

"Do you wanna go for a drink?"Krista asks from the doorway

"Nope" he replies, his eyes not leaving the TV. He doesn't want to talk to her and certainly doesn't want to play cat and mouse with her. It's always like this when she's drunk or wasted on drugs. He can't deal with her like this. He doesn't want to.

"Aw come on, Dougy. You used to be fun. We used to have fun" she replies in a seductive tone.

He's heard this all before. He's heard all the excuses and lies, the games she always tried to play.

"Since when did you get boring?"

"When I got sober"he replies evenly. In the darkness he can smell her perfume, cheap and trashy just like her.

"I miss you, Dougy. I want Shyne to have that father I never got to have"
Doug stands up, rubbing the back of his neck. Krista steps closer to him, trying to touch him, soothe him and break him down.

"You used to want me all the time"

"Things change. People change" Doug replies, stepping back. She looks so sexy in the black leather top and tight jeans, her blonde hair curled and her make-up heavy.

"Don't you want me now? Don't you want Shyne?"

"Jesus, I don't want any of this,Kris. I don't want you and If you want Shyne to have a daddy you get the guy who fucked you"

Krista rattles on about the old days, how they couldn't keep their hands off each other and how much she wants him there and now.

"What am I supposed to do, Dougy?"Krista says sadly"I need you"

"You don't need me. You want some guy whose gonna pay for your shit and take your shit. You want someone to watch your kid while you whore yourself"

Krista snaps and hits Doug hard across the face, her eyes prickling with tears. She leaves him in the living room, a red hand-print across his face. It's the proof that she snapped.
She loves him and he couldn't love her back even if he tried. She had hurt him and had tempted him when he was trying to get sober. Krista had spiked his drink with pills and he ended up getting into another fight with a guy who he didn't even know.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would seriously appreciate the readers to comment.