Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

The next job is risky and Jem knows that. He knows that if anything goes wrong, he and the boys will never see the light of day again. However, the payout is an insane amount of money and is enough to set him up for life. That, in itself has swayed Jem. There is no way he would be able to refuse the Fergie's job because he knows that turning your back on the florist never ends well and he has Fiona to think about. The realisation hits him that if he doesn't do the job he's a dead man and if he gets caught, he's spending the rest of his life in prison, reliving that nightmare.

Jem breathlessly wipes his sweaty face with a towel and tightens his grip on the barbels. The muscles in his shoulders and arms tense as he lifts the one-hundred and twenty pound weights, grunting with effort.
Beads of sweat trickle down his neck as he drops the heavy barbel onto the concrete floor. He sits down on the edge of the bench-press, cradling his head as he thinks of Fiona again, how this job is either make or break.

***
It's two days before they pull the biggest job in their careers and everyone is feeling the strain, everyone dealing with it in their own way. Gloansy had been spending as much time as he could with Joanne and the kids, promising her a better life. She knew about a big job, not exactly what it entailed. Des had drafted letters to his mother who he still lives with, explaining why he had done what he was about to do. Old lady Elden depends on her son and without him there, she probably won't eat or get out of bed in the mornings before he went to work. He had set up an account in her name, almost all of the money from his jobs to provide her with care when he's either dead or locked up.

Doug, on the other hand had been having issues with Claire and everything had been fine until that FBI agent showed her his record. He had showed her Jem's and Gloansy's too, which made it worse. She knows who is responsible for the robberies and oddly, didn't tell Frawley. Doug knows Frawley doesn't have a shred of evidence against them and he knows all it would take is Claire's testimony. He had been waiting for that knock on the door all week that never came.

Fiona had been keeping Jem in check and figured his sudden moods and erratic behaviour was some kind of withdrawal symptom. If only she knew that Jem was not only gambling his life, but their relationship.