Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

The curtains are drawn and a cloud of cigarette smoke hangs in the air, the atmosphere tainted with the pre-buzz of the next job.

"Everyone sure of what they're doing?" Doug asks as he looks at the three faces sitting in front of him.

One by one they all know, everyone except for Jem who gets up and goes to the window. He peels back the net curtains and checks the parked cars on either side of the road. Satisfied that no one is out there watching them, he shakes his head. Doug opens the door to the room and motions for Gloansy and Des to take a walk, to give them a few minutes.

"You gotta promise me something"

"Sure" Doug replies."Anything"

"It don't matter what happens today or any fuckin' day, you take care of Fiona." Jem licks his lips nervously."You know where my stash is. Make sure she gets it"

Doug agrees to do what Jem has asked, regardless of what happens today and after it.

"Time to go see the florist"

The last minute meet with Fergie the florist had gone exactly as planned. He had provided the disguises, the maps and firepower. He had everything planned right down to who worked in the cash room at Fenway Park and how to threaten them if they decided to hit a panic button or to keep them waiting too long. Fergus Colm, the Irish mobster had everything planned to perfection and grinned like a cheshire cat when Doug MacRay and Jem Coughlin left his shop. As soon as they were gone, on their way back to the motel with their supplies, he picked up the phone.

****

Agent Adam Frawley paces nervously around his office, glancing up at the clock. The robbery is due to take place at three and the bargain he struck with Colm means that MacRay and his boys get out of Fenway without any problems. Then, when they roll up at the meet to hand over the money to the florist, he and his team will move quickly and arrest them. At three-thirty, a panic call is signalled at Fenway. With a racing heart, Frawley runs down the stairs two at a time as the SWAT team are called. This is the big break he's been waiting form

"Where are these fuckers?" Frawley asks impatiently as he looks through the binoculars, down towards the gravel car park that is surrounded in derelict buildings.

"God knows" Dino replies, touching his ear."Colm's right hand man is approaching for the handover"

With bated breath, Frawley signals to surrounding units to hold their positions until the black van is in the target zone. They watch closely as the red saloon slowly stops.
A good ten minutes later the hidden units of FBI and police officers are contacted by a unit who are disguised as sewage workers down the street, that the black van is heading to them right now.

Frawley removes the safety from the shotgun and takes a deep breath as the van skids to a halt next to the red saloon.

"All units GO GO GO!!!!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, it's getting exciting!!!