Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

"It's a small world. I didn't think you'd come back after everything"

"I didn't think I would meet anyone from when I was a kid. Nearly everyone up and left and onto better things" Fiona states.

"Me?" Jem laughs. "Nah. I stick to what I know."

Fiona takes a sip of her drink. She remembers her school years and how much she had a crush for the resident bad boy. By the looks of things he certainly hadn't settled down.

"So, what brings you back to the town?" Jem asks, his gaze occasionally going over to the door or to his table, his two buddies laughing. He knows they are probably laughing at him, thinking he's chatting up some girl who is way out of his league. If he's completely honest with himself he knows it's true.

"A new job. Well, a promotion. I'm working at the district attorney's office"

"Sounds great. You'll probably see a lot of the old faces" Jem replies. His mood slightly darkening.

"Most likely. I've already had some earache over the transfer here."

"Is it what you wanna do?"
She nods.

"Then do it. I'll see you around."

She watches him as he bounces off back to his table and suddenly she feels hot under the collar. Was she flirting with the resident bad boy and most importantly, was he flirting with her.

Maggie gives her a knowing look as she returns to the table and of course Fiona acts as if she has no idea what she means.

"What?" Fiona asks as she pours the dregs of her glass into the drink Jem had bought her at the bar.

"You were flirting up there"

"I wasn't flirting. I was just having a friendly conversation with someone I went to school with" she explains as Maggie raises her eyebrow.

"Well, you were both flirting"

"We weren't flirting, Mags. It was just a conversation" Fiona reasons.

"You know you were"
♠ ♠ ♠
Some comments?