Status: Please give me your honest opinion :)

Diamond in the Rough

Diamond In The Rough

"The Tap" is a low ceiling, brick walled cellar that stinks of beer and piss. The lights are dim and the place is busy, a few girls dancing provocatively. Jem, Gloansy and Des are sitting at a table, the top covered in empty beer bottles and shot glasses. Doug enters the bar and goes to order a non-alcoholic drink and joins them at the table.

"This is my brother right here" Jem slurs, slightly drunk and puts his arm around Doug's shoulder.

"Are we lucky or are we just good" Jem adds, his cocky attitude about the job showing through.

There's no fear of being overheard by anyone because the bar is noisy and everyone knows everyone to some extent.

"Fucking first class" Doug replies, laughing. His heart is only half in this ritual.

"So, when you gonna man up and have a drink, so I can buy this fuckin' place?" Jem laughs and takes a long drag on his cigarette.

"When hell freezes over and anyway, you'd drink this place dry"

They all laugh and continue drinking. It's going to be a seriously long night of celebrating.

***

Doug stares at the plastic licence that belongs to the bank manager that Jem had taken hostage and let go. She had been scared, petrified at the thought of going with the men who had guns and had just robbed the bank, not to mention beating the assistant bank manager. He looks up at the front windows of her home, a town house.

He can see her behind the curtains, occasionally looking out into the street and hiding away again. It has been three days since the robbery and he doubts she has gone back to work. He knows that she will probably be scared to even close her eyes at night or leave windows open and double lock the front door. She is scared because of something he was apart of, but sitting next to her in the back of the van made him feel something. He felt that he could know her like a friend, but right now he needs to make sure she doesn't know anything. Tomorrow she will go to the laundrette and he will be there too.

He just needs to know that she is okay. He feels guilty for what happened and blames Jem for the sudden guilt he feels. It's all down to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Am I updating too quickly?