Status: Its an old story | Everything before 'Restless' needs heavy editing.

Two Dead Boys

Nightmare

Matt sat on Paris’ bed as she packed her things, “did you really have to insist on coming to watch me pack?” she laughed, Matt smiled faintly “It’s been a long time Since I’ve been able to visit you” He paused “I just wanted to feel normal again for a while, and you know get out from under my fussing mom” he tagged a dry chuckle at the end of his words.

Paris threw some clothing into a duffle bag “she loves you Matt, that’s all” Paris reasoned, Mat nodded a bit “yeah I know” he said in a frustrated sigh falling back onto her water bed. He looked up at her “you should totally see if my dad will move this monster in his truck” He mused with a grin. Paris looked down at him setting a bag on the bed it rippled in a gentle motion. “My dad was going to have the movers move my things over to your new place, until then I’ve got the air mattress and two suitcases, and this” she said pointing to her bag. Matt smiled “you know you don’t act like the spoiled rich kid you are” he said laughing “I’d take my folks for everything they had” he added. Paris shook her head and went to turn away.

Matt smirked and reached out for her hand, caught off guard, even Matts lessening strength was able to pull Paris’ small body back. She yelped as she plopped onto the water bed. Matt pulled her to him spooning around her as he laughed. “It’s not funny!” Paris peeped causing him to laugh more. “The bed could have busted, we’d be soaked!” she gasped Matt sat up a bit “now that would be funny” he said continuing to laugh. Paris leered at him playfully and a smiled came to her face as she watched him laugh. “Well I suppose it was well worth it” she sighed brushing his cheek with her hand, Matt gave a content closed smile, and slowly leaned his face closer to hers. His eyelashes brushed against her face, and softness of his breath against her lips before the kiss was captivating. He let one hand wrapped around her waist, and the other supported her head. Paris kept herself propped up with one arm and the other rested on his chest. Kiss was short yet very sweet as Matt pulled back he sighed and smiled tilting his head. Paris was blushing profusely. And Matt started to laugh again.

“You always blush” he stated poking her cheek “but now you’re beet red” she added. Paris touched her burning face “it’s been a while ok, since we kissed like that” she stated in the smallest voice she knew she had. Matt quickly kissed her nose chuckling to himself. “Well now that I won’t have to go far to see you” he said with a mischievous smile “we’ll have to work on that blushing of yours” Paris flopped back down on the water bed and he mimicked her. The two watched the Ceiling “I think this will be better than I thought…” Matter muttered as Paris grabbed his hand, holding it tightly.

That night, Paris had spent the night at the Campbell’s house, she had help Sara with dinner, and helped Wendy put the kids to bed, they then had girl time in the living room before settling to sleep. Paris lay on the floor next to the Sofa were Wendy was sleeping. Only she tossed and turned on the ground, she felt the nightmare in her bones, a horrifying feeling but her dream wasn’t even a dream, just a fog of black it was thick like oil and held her down like tar, she could see nothing not ever her own body.

Wendy awoke hearing moaning and groaning, Sitting up she looked down “Paris?” she whispered reaching down to shake the tossing girl “Paris!” she whispered louder, Paris yelped and sat up, shivering “Nightmare?” Wendy asked with a bit of concern. Paris nodded “was it the one about the Graves?” she asked with pity. “No” Paris muttered. The Dreamed about the graves, were not scary just depressing, she had gotten used to them, as they’ve been around as long as Matts been ill. Those although hurtful were not scary. “But I wish-I wish it was” Paris added looking up at Wendy with wide eyes and she explained the dream.

“Like tar?” Wendy asked, Paris nodded the two girls were talking as they made breakfast. “Yes, it was oil black with an oil shine but it felt like Tar and…” Paris paused closing her eyes she could feel being engulfed by the blackness. “And?” Wendy asked. “It smelt burned, more than just burned” Paris said, Wendy watched her listening intently “rotted” Paris added, Wendy clung to the dish she was holding. “I’m surprised you didn’t wake up screaming!” Wendy added with a nervous chuckle.

“Dream about me?” Matt called as he entered the kitchen, Paris shook her head “you do know it’s going to be like this the whole time you’re living with us” Wendy remarked, Paris laughed inwardly and smiled “he’ll get over it it’s just the first couple of days” Paris said, “sure” Wendy said sarcastically. “Matt walked over to Paris and leaned over whispering to her “it wasn’t the one about the graves was it?” he asked in a guilty tone, Paris shook her head “no it wasn’t” she said smiling a bit “just a regular nightmare” she added, Matt smiled a bit satisfied, but something about it still bothered her.

“Please!” Matt called following his mom around the kitchen “did she say she wanted to go?” Sara asked as she cleaned up after lunch. “No but she will I know she does, so Please!” he asked again following her to and fro. “It’s a long drive there, a long wait in the waiting room, and a long drive back” Sara reasoned “she’s tough….Please?” he asked, Sara refused to look at her son as he begged, she could already imagine those eyes. “If I could just get her to turn around!” Matt thought frustrated. “And have you forgotten what the Chemo sessions do to you? Do you want her to be there to see you like that? She’s tough but it’s going to get to her” Sara sighed sadly. Matt paused “like I said she’s tough and she’ll see me like that anyway living with us, it’s just nausea right? Please!” this time Matt found a way around his mother to look her in the eyes. Sara gasped and closed her eyes, resting the wash rag on the table she sighed. “Fine, if she wants to, she can go with us to the Chemo session this time” Sara said dryly. Matt’s eyes lit up “thank you, thank you!” he cheered, pecking his mom on the cheek before darting out the kitchen.

Sara sighed and shook her head.

“Of course I’ll go” Paris said stiffly as she looked up from her text book, Matt smiled “but are you sure you want me too?” she asked, Matt gazed at her with tender eyes “yeah, you’re like my safety blanket” he said, sitting down next to her “so what’s this?” he asked looking down at her text book. “Chemistry”…

Paris sat in the stale waiting room of the cancer treatment center, cold feeling less off white, slightly blue walls. Those hospital floor tiles holding in the chilly air and making the room feel that much colder. Paris looked around, sitting stiff in the uncomfortable chair, everyone in the waiting room was wearing some form of sweater. Everyone that is being an elderly woman, a Man and his tween son, and another Elderly woman. Paris sighed, and picked up the old worn out magazine sitting next to her on a small side table. “They could at least put some more fake plants in there to make it look like something is living” she thought. A grimace came to her face as she looked at the content of the magazine “how lovely” she muttered setting it down its pages still open “life insurance Advice” is that the column read.

Two hours pasted Paris’ eyes were fluttering wanting to close, wanting a nap for lack of anything better to do. Paris’ head nodded, catching herself she shook her head and looked up at the TV screen, it was at a low volume and was playing a doctors channel. “Must they remind people in here that their loved one is sick? And that they might get sick too? Can’t they try and uplift people just a tiny bit?” She thought. “Maybe I should have went house hunting with Sara” Paris sighed.

Paris sat in the back seat, matt leaned on her resting his head on her shoulder. She wrapped her arms around her and held him close, brushing his hair with her fingers. She frowned with every bump in the road as he groaned in pain. Every groan signifying how his body felt like it was going to shatter with even the smallest bump the road so unforgivingly gave. Sara and Paris glanced at each other through the rearview. “They say you might have a bit of body ache, but no nausea.” Sara stated trying to be positive.

Matt laughed bitterly through his clenched grinding teeth, “heh I’ve got a joke for you folks this one will knock you dead” He spoke raspingly lifting his head away from Paris’ shoulder. “Doctor says to patient; I got bad news. You’ve got cancer. And you’ve got Alzheimer’s.’ Patient says ‘Whew, least I don’t have cancer.” He said, Sara started to laugh, but beneath the laughter tears could be heard, Paris, bit her lip and opened back her arms as Matt went to rest on her again. They hit another bump in the road He bit his lip and grunted at the pain resting his head back on her shoulder.” At least I don’t have nausea.” He added sarcastically. Paris closed her eyes and went back to stroking his hair, he snaked an arm over her lap gripping at the fabric of her skirt desperately as he turned to hide his face in her neck.

Sara and Paris shared glances with each other again, she then closed her eyes and hide her face in Matt’s hair, kissing the top of his head, holding him as softly as she could, if the bumps hurt him she was sure touch would. But it was quite clear he wanted to he held, even with the Brave face he had given her, the whole car ride. Sara watched her son as he lay in Paris’ arms like a breaking heap of flesh and bone, paling more with every tremor of pain sent through his body. Sara stopped the car and looked head at the road, with a sighed she turned the car around as smoothly as she could.

“I have no other choice, he won’t make the ride home” She thought her mind flashing to a lovely old fashioned home, beautiful white exterior, however it seemed as though a shadow loomed over it. “Peter won’t like it” She thought as they headed back the way they came “but it’s our only choice” she whispered to herself. “Great she’s talking to herself again” Matt whispered to Paris.