Status: Its an old story | Everything before 'Restless' needs heavy editing.

Two Dead Boys

Nightmare Green

Evening had fallen and after Paris and Matt had help Wendy clean and set up both her own and the kids rooms, both were tired. But then again the family as a whole were tired. Still Mary and Billy ran around and played out in the back yard seemingly full of energy, Sara ate and chatted with Peter Matt not too far from them. Paris sat in the grass looking up at the night sky. She gave a deep sigh and pulled her knees to her chest.

In her mind the image of that Chard Thing and those dead faces, with all those strange markings.

“it tried to save me” Paris thought, searching the freshly appearing stars “so...maybe it’s not a bad creature,but why me?” she thought. Wendy shook Paris lightly “hello! Earth to Paris? Are you even listening to me?” Wendy asked. Paris shook her head and looked over to Wendy smiling sheepishly. “not in the slightest actually...I’m sorry what was that?” Paris asked. Wendy sighed “never mind it, right now your boyfriend needs a pick me up” She said pointing her thumb over her shoulder at Matt who stood alone now looking up at the sky. Peter walking away from him.

Paris sighed and got up and walked to Matt’s side she touched his arm softly. “Mattie?” She called. He turned to look down at her and managed a faint smile. She looked back up to the stars. “they’re beautiful” she said Matt watched her for a moment and then looked up to them with a frown “they’re all dead” he said Paris shook her head “no, they just turned into something else, they are still very much alive shimmering, dancing and lighting up our darkest skies” Paris said with a smile. “lighting up the sky with life whilst we sleep” She added. Matt looked down at her in surprise for a moment and then smiled at bit. Slipping his hand in hers, he watched the stars twinkle in her sky-colored eyes.

Paris looked up at him and gave a silly smile Matt smiled softly and lowered his eyes at her, his dropped lids casting a smoky shadow over his dark eyes. Sara and Peter watched the two of them, Sara leaned her head on Peter’s shoulder and let out a soft dreamer sigh. “remember when we were like that?” She asked up looking up to his face. Peter nodded and shook his head with a smile.

“Matt” Paris called, tugging on his arm “come on split another burger with me, I don’t think I can eat a full one” she said turning to head back for the table. Matt chuckled “but I’m not hungry?” He said Paris shook her head “it’s only a half, please” she said leading him away. “fine, alright” Matt said shaking his head.
Paris sat on Matt’s bed as he sat under the covers. She brushed at his hair with her fingers and giggled a bit at his sleepy expression. “goodnight” she said softly He wrapped his arms around her waist “you should stay down here with me” He said Paris shook her head and looked around the room, she would rather not leave him down here alone. She didn’t like the vibes it was sending her. But she had promised Wendy to st least spend one night with her in her room. Paris sighed “I will just not tonight I promised Wendy” she said. Brushing at his hair one more time. He nodded leaned in kissed her and then laid down slowly. Paris stood up slowly and Matt grabbed her hand, tightly. Paris looked down at him with question “Matt?” she asked confused. Matt searched her eyes, his gaze then wandered behind her were he could see that all black mass in the corner it seemed to be watching him. “Matt?” Paris asked turning her body to follow his gaze.

But as she did so nothing was there.

Paris turned back to look at Matt. “are you alright?” she asked slowly with worry. Matt tore his eyes away from the corner as the black mass vanished and looked up to Paris. “Y-yeah just half sleep” he muttered trying his best to smile but failing. Worry filled his eyes and hers. Paris bit her lip and inhaled closing her eyes she nodded. “right, right. Just half sleep” She repeated side glancing. Matt squinted at her and looked down guiltily at her hand in his. He rubbed it with his thumb “Paris, I’m ok. I promise” he said Paris smiled “I know, goodnight Matt” she said bending over she kissed his cheek, or she tried to. Matt turned his head so that her lips met his instead. Paris giggled as she looked down to see him smirking at her playfully in a goofy grin. “night” he said apparently proud of himself. Paris giggled again and shook her head. “you’re something else you know that?” she asked backing away from his bed. He just smiled at her before she turned to leave.

As Paris reached the stairs to the basement she paused and shivered. A sharp chill ran down her spine. Matt’s eyes had already started to close on him. But before sleep took him he could have sworn he saw the black mass reach out and shift Paris’ hair.

Paris watched as her hair moved over her shoulder away from her back. She watched with wide eyes afraid to move, faintly she could feel rough scraping fingers against her back and shoulders. Paris shut her eyes and swallowed down hard, she tried to push back her fear. It was friendly after all, wasn’t it? It had saved her or tried to. Didn’t it?

Paris exhaled and turned to look over her shoulder only to find.

No one was there.

Paris looked over at Matt who was sleeping seemingly peacefully and then around the room. Nothing.

Paris sighed and turned to head up the stairs but as she did so...

A large black chard mass blocked her way. Green vivid eyes peering into her soul, and they looked so sad. Paris went to scream but instead quickly covered her mouth “don’t wake him” She thought glancing over her shoulder briefly. Her eyes landed back on the Chard Thing, it reached out his hand as if to touch her cheek, Paris closed her eyes and flinched. There was a beat, and Paris opened her eyes to find he was gone.

Paris exhaled and quickly darted up the steps, bolting through the house and up to the second floor down the hall to Wendy’s room. She stopped before the open door and caught her breath, brushing her hair out of her face Paris sighed and looked behind her.

Nothing there.

She looked into the room to find Wendy sleeping soundly. Paris held her head “I’m going mental” Paris thought before entering the room, she looked at the second bed within the room and crawled into it. “goodnight Paris” said Wendy as she heard the bed creek. Paris smiled and pulled the cover over herself “night Wendy” she called across the room before turning over and trying to find sleep.
Paris’ dreams took her to a place she knew all too well. The graves.

Row upon row of tombs in the old graveyard, lonely tombstones very few had flowers upon them the place looked abandoned. Paris found herself walking among the rows of graves under the shining sun. She never knew why she was here, and just like before she was all alone. Paris walked to the edge of the last row and stopped before a large boxed tomb. She looked up at the tomb and what she saw sitting on top of it gave her a shock. “you!” she gasped looking at the Chard Thing. He looked down at her with sad green eyes as if trying to tell her something. Paris stood her ground, it was just a dream, meaning nothing could hurt her here.

“what do you want? Whoa re you?” she asked calmly. But he did not answer, just sat there watching her. “wh-what happened to you?” Paris asked. The Chard Thing then vanished. Paris looked around for him but he was nowhere to be found “what?” Paris breathed searching for it. “as she turned to look down the row of graves she noticed they had been dug up. Paris froze “this is new” she muttered doing so iridescent figures started to appear over the graves. Paris’ eyes grew large with horror she had seen these horrible carved things before. They were the ghosts from the attic.

“no way” Paris breathed taking a step back, she bumped into something and it’s rough Chard arms wrapped around Paris almost protectively but still the feeling of it’s burnt blackened skin on her skin freaked her out and caused her to jump away. Only for a craved ghost to reach out and grab her. Paris looked down at its hand digging into her arm and screamed loudly as pain surged through her arm.

Wait. Pain? Wasn’t this a dream?
Matt who had woke from his own horrific dreams looked up in a daze away from the locked door with the glass window in the basement. A sharp scream brought him back into reality. His heart dropped and with a bit of trouble, he pushed his tired body to move quickly as he bolted up the Basement stairs.

Paris screamed and no sound was coming out as she fell backward, her eyes snapping open she looked around frantically as she lay on the ground in the cool wet grass. Breathing heavily she had her eyes glued to the sky now heavily alight with stars in the small town’s darkness. She huffed and puffed her hands trembling as they grasped into the grass as if she were afraid that the dream would suck her back in.

“Paris!” She could hear Matt calling for her frantically as the back door of the house was thrown open.

Matt’s eyes fell on her as she lay in the grass, wide eyed and trembling. “Paris!” He called running to her he stood above her looking her body over “Oh god what happened? Are you ok?” He asked slowly getting down on his knees next to her.

Paris closed her eyes and tried to calm herself down. She could not worry him, or let him know that she very well might have been going crazy. “What do I say?” she thought.

Matt rested his hand on her forehead and brushed away her bangs “Paris? Hey” He called softly. Paris kept her eyes closed “that's it, I was sleeping...sleep walking.” she thought. “Paris?” He called again.

Paris opened her eyes slowly and put on a confused face.”Matt?” she asked in question slowly sitting up on her elbows. Matt sighed in relief “what are you?” Paris asked looking around “why are we outside?” she asked. Matt shook his head and helped her sit up more “you, must have been sleep walking,had a nightmare or something you screamed so I came running” He said with a faint exhausted smile. Paris felt guilty to have worried him. “but my scream...it was silent” she thought.

“oh I-I’m sorry Matt” she said scrambling to her feet helping him up with her she wrapped her arms around him and let him use her to support his body. “You shouldn’t be out here like this, come on let's get you back inside” she said. Matt and Paris headed for the door “was it the-” he started, Paris nodded “sort of” she said in a murmur. She didn’t want to talk about it. Helping him back down to the basement they both sat on his bed.

Matt looked up at the ceiling “funny how no one woke up” he muttered. Paris side glanced “y-yeah” she breathed.

Matt looked down at her, his eyes landing on her arm, were four small scratches were bleeding slightly. “what happened to your arm?” He asked reaching out for it. Paris looked down at her arm and her eyes grew wide. “those shouldn’t be there it was just a dream” She thought chewing on her tongue. “I-I don’t know...maybe I bumped into something sleep walking” she said quickly. Matt looked up at her slowly. And could recall the boy’s eyes from his dream. His bright green eyes which had looked at him as if in warning.

“yeah maybe” Matt muttered. He crawled around Paris and laid down on his bed. Paris watched his movements as he held out his arms to her. “stay down here, That way no more nightmares” He paused he didn’t know if he had been saying that more for himself or for her.

Aliquem Mortuum Suspiria, per nomina sancta deus...Adonai, Alpha et Omega, Sabaoth


Matt remembered the words he had dreamt of the old creepy man chanting as he scratched words and symbols onto the skin of corpses. He put on a fake yet playful smile “and no sleep walking” He added. Paris glanced at the locked glass windowed door in the back of the basement and her eyes lingered there. Matt followed her gaze, unknown to each other both were looking into the Green eyes of the Chard Thing as it peered at them from behind the dirty glass. “Y-yeah” Paris said slowly as she laid down next to Matt, letting him loosely wrap his arms around her, she turned over so that her back faced him. “no more nightmares” she thought as she gazed into the green eyes of the Chard Thing as it knelt at the bedside peering into her eyes. Paris did not look away this time. Rather she kept eye contact, watching those sad eyes, using all of her willpower not to tremble in her fear, but gazing at it. Willing it to go away, or give her answers until sleep finally took her.