‹ Prequel: Angel
Status: Hiatus

When Doves Cry

Chapter One

I sunk my toes into the sand a little as the warm ocean breeze came over my body. I put my left hand in my hair and arched my back into the setting sunlight. The sound of a camera snapping brought me back into the moment.

“Beautiful Maxine...hold it. Done, you can relax.”

I stood and was given a robe to cover my body, all I had been wearing was a bikini. I was happy that today was going so well, I walked to my small tent area and sat down in my chair.

“Matt's on Skype for you Maxine.”

“Thank you Roxxi.” I grabbed my laptop from her and smiled at the screen. “Hey baby!”

“Hey babe, I love you.”

“I love you too!”

“Where are you?”

“On the beach shoot in Miami.”

“Is that a red bikini or pink? I can't tell.”

I laughed as I looked down and notice my robe came open a little.

“It's red.” I place my finger over my lips in a shushing manner. “It's secret.”

“Nothing wrong with giving your husband a sneak peek.”

He winked and it melted my heart, I missed him.

“How's tour?”

“Going good. We're in Dallas, we got a couple more shows to do before we go over seas.” he cleared his throat and looked over the computer screen before looking back at me and smiling. “Where to next?”

“Barcelona.”

“I'll be right behind you baby.”

“I miss you.”

“I miss you more.”

“Aw.” I looked up to see the make-up artist cooing.

Matt laughed and it made me miss him even more. “I love you.”

“I love you Maxine.” I pouted and he mirrored me before laughing. “We'll see each other again in no time.”

“Okay, well I gotta go.”

“Okay, I'll call you tonight.”

“Please do!”

I closed my laptop with a bittersweet feeling. We had been married two months ago, we planned a honeymoon, but we had to cancel because their tour was moved up. I got swept up in my modeling so at least I was occupied.

The day went by about the same, I was approached by a few fans of the guys as well, which made me miss him even more. I checked my phone as I got back to my hotel room to some messages. I cleared them away, most of them being from other friends back home. I smiled at my wallpaper, a picture of Matt sleeping, and just as I thought about how I missed him next to me his name popped up.

“Hey baby!”

“...yeah no problem. No uh...we gotta few more shows around.”

He was obviously talking to someone else and wasn't aware that he'd called me.

“No I'm happily married.” I heard him clear his throat and laugh before he continued. “Yeah she's in...Miami right now doing some modeling.”

I couldn't help but listen, though I knew I shouldn't. I didn't know what happened, but he suddenly stopped talking and I could hear some shuffling.

“Hello?”

“Hi babe!”

“Have you been listening this whole time?”

He laughed into the phone and I couldn't fight my smile.

“Not the whole time, you called me so I just...waited.”

“You're too cute. I'm doing an interview so I'll call you back.”

“Okay.”

He hung up but I could still hear him laughing until the line went dead. I sat back in bed and watched some TV while I waited for Matt to call. The phone rang and I didn't hesitate to answer.

“Sorry about that, I guess I butt dialed you?”

“Yeah, I knew your butt would get you into trouble.”

“Oh whatever babe.” he laughed before sighing. “Where are you?”

“I'm in my hotel room. Where are you?”

“On the bus...”

I heard some type of noise and then Matt's laughter sort of in the distance. “Hey Maxie!”

“Hi Jimmy!”

“How come you haven't called me?”

“I'm sorry Jimmy...”

“It's okay. You're married and all...I know you won't have time for me.”

“Oh don't be that way Jimmy, I'll always have time for you.”

“Then you'll call me more often?”

“Yes I will!”

“I love you Maxie.”

“I love you too Jimmy!”

I could hear more noise and I assumed Matt was getting his phone back.

“Hey baby, I love you. Sorry I have to rush off the phone, but I love you and I'll see you in a few weeks.”

“Talk to you tomorrow then, I love you too!”

We said our goodbyes, but my heart burned with sadness. I wanted to be wrapped up in Matt, holding him close and loving him while I could. Frowning I sank into bed alone, hoping the days would move quicker.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it has begun! Sorry if I kept you guys waiting so long! Tell me what you guys think!