‹ Prequel: The Past Is Behind Us
Status: On hiatus

We'll Fight Through

Promises

Brian/Syn/Gates came in, blushing as he saw how Zack and I were positioned.

“Gotta check the room for bugs.”

“Bugs?!” I leapt up onto a chair.

The guys chuckled. “Not that kind of bugs, relax.” Brian began looking underthings and in things until a frown formed on his chiseled face. He showed us a little gray thing that looked like a speaker.

“Bugged. That's what I was worried about. Now we gotta check the rest of the mansion.”

Zack and I said nothing as Syn left the room, probably to report his findings to Shadows who would be none too pleased.

“I'm just so blind.” Zack mumbled.

“No you're not. I refuse to let you think that.”

He gave me a sad smile. “I'll try not to.”

“And I'll help you however I can.” I promised, taking his hand.

Later that night, The Rev/Jimmy and Johnny came in with a big box. The bed. Zack and I were double checking for bugs. He was over at the bedside tables, I was checking his dresser.

“Can't risk the delivery guys coming in. Had to pick it up twenty miles away.” Johnny explained as they set it down.

“Yeah, fucking ridiculous.” Rev groaned as he pulled a switch blade from his pocket and cut open the box.

“Zack, help me with this. Johnny go be a girl with Cass, you could barely carry it.” he added.

Zack kissed my cheek and went over to help him as Johnny pouted his way over to me. “So...wanna braid my hair?” I asked like a teen at a slumber party with her quote 'BFFL's.

He rolled his eyes. “Thanks for the confidence booster.”

“Naw, you know I'm just messing with you.” I grinned.

“...yeah...” he nodded, grinning a bit himself.

We listened to Zack and Jimmy groan as they pulled the bed frame pieces out of the box, they hissed orders to each other as they put the bed together, then the canopy. “Had to go with the canopy didn't you?” Jimmy whined.

“Yeah, I did. If only to hear you bitch about putting it together.” Zacky chuckled.

Johnny and I stood quietly until the guys looked over at the far corner, seeing it was undone. If either of them let go of what they had it'd fall apart. Johnny seemed glad they'd need him, but frowned when Jimmy said “Hey Cass...get that will you?” I hip bumped Johnny in a mocking way and went over to help them.

I admit pulling the two bars together was hard, I knew I could do it, but looking over at Johnny he seemed not to be enjoying us messing with him anymore. He was honestly bothered. “Hey Johnny, can you help me with this?” I asked.

His eye brows rose but he gladly came over and took one of the bars, we pushed them together and he slid in the bolt thingy. “Thanks.” I smiled at him.

He nodded and left the room.

“You didn't need his help.” The Rev pointed out.

“No, but he needed me to need his help.”

The taller man looked confused but Zack smiled, seeming to understand. Everyone needs to feel important, like they're wanted and needed. Or they loose their pride, and confidence. I may fuck with Johnny, but I do want to keep him around. He's like a brother!

Rev went to get the new mattress, he returned with Syn carrying the other side. “Here ya go.” they flopped the mattress on the box spring.

Then Johnny came in with two boxes. “Lamps.” he reported, handing them to Zack.

“Thanks.” My boyfriend took them and set them on the mattress, opening them and pulling out the lamps then setting them on their respective table. I plugged them in and Johnny and The Rev left.

“Shadows went through Gena's phone, luckily she texted where she bugged the place. 40 in total, all have been found and destroyed.”

I nodded and took Zack's hand as I noticed him cast his eyes down. With that information passed on, he left us alone.

I grabbed the sheets near by and tossed them in Zack's face to change his mindset. “C'mon, the bed won't make its self!”

He chuckled and took the sheets off his head tossing one to me. We made the bed, and I turned my back to him as I put on my PJ's. After we've made love, I won't be so modest. But for now. I could feel his eyes on me the whole time as he changed into dark green sleep pants. I didn't blush, or hesitate. I feel comfortable with him, I don't mind if he sees my breasts for example. I just...trust isn't something I've always been good with, but with Zack I trust him more than anyone. I love him and he wants to look I'm okay with it. I can't really explain why very well, I know.

I strutted over to him, smirking. “Enjoy the show?”

He blushed, not realizing that I knew he was watching me intently. “Oh...uh...I....”

“It's okay Zack, I don't mind. I'm yours.” I took his hand and moved it so it cupped my left breast. (PS I don't sleep in a bra)

My action brought a heart warming smile to his pierced lips, I dropped my hand and he left his there. “Cassie...” he murmured, bending down to skim our lips. My entire body was on fire, the warmth from his hand on me spread to my heart and my head was in the clouds. When he separated our lips, he looked into my light blue eyes with his emerald ones.

“When I'm healed, we will make love. I promise.”

My heart skipped a beat and I was unable to make words, so I nodded breathlessly.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled us close, I wrapped my arms around his back and we held onto each other for what felt like foREVer. I could feel his heart against my chest and when we breathed our stomach's touched sending another wave of awareness to pass through me.

A yawn slipped through my lips. Right in his face. Smooth right?

“Bed time?” he asked, looking down at me. I nodded and we let go, he turned off the light as I crawled into the brand new bed. Zack scooted in the other side and I rolled over. He was the big spoon, and I was the little spoon that night. I loved feeling so close to him, and I wasn't at all bashful about feeling his manhood against my ass. It didn't make me feel off, I felt comfortable and safe. I could spend the rest of my life right here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww! Do you think they're ready to make love? I do ;) Yawning in his face, nice move right? hahaha I laughed when I wrote that.

Sweet when Cassidy was nice to Johnny right?

Sorry for the wait for the chapter! I'll try to keep up with my writing!