Status: hiatus..

Inked Heart

I

I couldn't breath.

The sea water was so cold and with every movement I made it made me sink deeper in, drowning me. Looking towards the shore I noticed him standing there, watching me drown with a cigarette playing between his lips. I tried screaming but the water only swallowed me.

Suddenly I was standing in the familiar apartment that had managed to become home. I didn't remember walking through the door and as I looked down I didn't remember putting on his shirt either. Pounding on the door brought my attention outside of the room I resided in.

Then I was in the living room hearing a familiar groan of pain. I spun on my heel to see who had caused the noise only to find darkness. "Hello?" My echo responded me.

I felt a breath on my neck and I turned to see nothing. "Who's there?" No response.

"Hello!" I cupped my hands around my mouth to yell out again.

"It's me baby." My heart swelled with joy, he was here. He had came back for me, I knew it was him. Who else could it be? Nobody's voice could make me weak to the knees this way. But where is he? I looked around not being able to spot him.

"I'm here! I'm right here!" I yelled out again, paranoia filling my body.

"Leave." An invisible hand clamped over my mouth and nose, suffocating me. It stifled my screams and gasps, it was choking me, killing me.

This was it, I was dying.

"Honey, baby, darling." His sweet voice whispered in my ear. God where the hell was he? I need him..

I jumped at the sound of my phone ringing, it had been a nightmare. I was only dreaming. I looked towards my ringing phone and my heart leaped with joy once more as hope filled my body. It's him! Malibu told him about seeing me and now he magically found a way to get my number.

"Hello?"

"Mina, are you okay? You left kinda early tonight?" My heart broke at the sound of my Mother's voice. It wasn't him.

I sighed, "Yes I just felt tired."

"Are you sure?" I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me. I quickly muttered a 'yes' and I heard her sigh on the other line. "Okay darling, I'll call you in the morning. Micheal and I are going out." She sounded happy. Guilt ran threw my body as I realized that I had given her the cold shoulder since he had left me. I needed to be happy for her. She need me to be happy for her.

"Ok mom, have a good time and stay safe." Her response was cheerful and relieved as I finally gave her a nice response. She bid me goodnight and before I knew it I was sucked into my memories once more.

What would have happened if I didn't walk out of that bar for some fresh air? What if I would've stuck to Israel's side like Kayla told me too? What if I hadn't met him?

I shuddered at the thought of not meeting him. Despite everything I still loved him more than anything. Even if he left me... Maybe I was a masochist but if I could ever go back in time. I would do the same thing over again.

"It's so loud!"

"What?!" Exactly. The bar had gotten extremely rowdy with the performing band and it was a struggle to talk to Israel even though he stood right next to me. Coming along with them seemed like a horrible idea before and up to right now I had enjoyed myself but I wasn't one for crowds. Being claustrophobic never helped either.

"I'm going to go outside for some fresh air!" I yelled in his ear and he nodded while his mouth formed an 'O' shape.

I wiggled myself through the masses of people and sighed loudly as the cool night breeze hit my face. The first door out of the bar had been the back one towards the alley and even though it was never a good idea to go out this way, my lungs couldn't manage to make it to the front entrance.

Leaning up against the wall I rubbed my neck feeling the sweat drip down. I needed a shower, desperately.

"Well well darling, who might you be?" I froze to the new voice that came out of the darkness of the alley. "I've never seen you around these parts." Three men stepped out of the shadows. Coming along definitely seemed like a horrible idea now. Or maybe I should have learned to hold my breath longer inside.

As they got closer I realized that they were drunk, I was never a lucky person to begin with but this was just ridiculous. I took a step away quickly and the surrounded me against the wall. "Oh no, you not going anywhere." The one to my right said stepping closer.

"So who are you lovely?" Center man asked roughly, I clamped my mouth shut in anger and in fear. How the hell was I going to get out of this one?

He grew angry as he realized that I wasn't going to reply. His palm met my cheek in a quick motion and my face flew to the side as a whimper escaped my lips. "Answer me when I ask you something bitch!" No! This is not a good way to start in a new town. I knew England was a bad idea.

"Leave her alone." I heard a deep voice say calmly.

"Oh yeah, Mali? What if I don't want too?" The man laughed as he had turned in front of me to look at my rescuer along with his buddy's. I stood on my tip toes to catch a glimpse of the guy who had saved me but my view was cut off because of the Center man that stood in front of me.

My rescuer didn't hesitate and punched the guy in front of me, sending him towards the floor. I finally got a look at him as he stepped over the drunken man's unconscious body and walked towards me, ignoring the other two men.

"Shit sorry M-Mali, didn't know she was yours." The one to my right blurted as they ran away.

'She was yours?' I was no ones damn it! What the hell were they talking about?

I sighed in relief as I pushed myself of the wall, ready to thank my rescuer when he pushed his body on mine, sinking me back towards the wall, pinning me there. "Not you to-" His throaty laugh silenced me.

"Well aren't you a cute little innocent thing?" I glared at his head as it moved slightly when his eyes roamed over my body. So much for being my hero. I moved my hands towards his chest and shoved him sending him back an inch. He barely moved.

Amusement was clearly visible in his eyes as I struggled to get away because he pressed closer to me. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't afraid right now. I had never been in this situation before and if I got out alive I'm sure Mom would finally recognize that whole 'moving to England' thing as a bad idea.

He eyes met mine as I saw they were dark hazel under the moonlight, "What's your name?" He looked at me curiously with his head cocked to the side.

"Mina." I told him softly.

A smirk adorned his face. "Alright Mina, you can go." I mentally did a happy dance and sighed in relief. "But just know that you're mine." I looked at him weirdly, paralyzed in my spot. What? "You owe me for saving your life." He continued. He reached down to kiss my jaw then stood up straight and walked away calmly towards the exit of the alley. I shuddered and rubbed at my skin in attempts to get the kiss off of me.

I pondered on whether it was safe to leave or not as I looked around the alley. Eventually I decided it was and made my towards the bar door. I wasn't planning on telling Kayla or Israel of what just happened...they would probably just make it worse.

What a weird town this was....


I smiled at the memory, I remember being angry at myself for not punching him after he kissed me. This had started badly but I would be damned if I let it end badly as well. Even though he was gone, I was going to find him one day and I was going to do whatever it took to get him back-

Thump

I sat up in my bed as I heard a noise come from the kitchen. Was it real? Was I still dreaming? No it couldn't have been, I got up and walked towards my door swinging it open very slowly and quietly. It was so dark. I took a step towards the direction of the light switch when I heard it behind me.

"Mina." I froze in place. Oh no, I was dreaming again. Why was I still hearing his voice? Tears immediately fell from my eyes as I became angry with mind. It was playing tricks on me again.

"Baby it's me." I turned quickly and gasped as I saw the outline of his body threw the moonlight. Stepping closer towards me, I saw his hazel-ish brown eyes stare back into my own. I closed my eyes tightly in order to stop this horrible hallucination but once his hand caressed my cheek I knew I wasn't dreaming.

My eyes snapped open with fresh new tears. "It's really you." I confirmed. He nodded and gave me wary smile. He was here. Real. I took another deep breath to steady myself before I lifted my hand.

My punch to his jaw seemed to surprise him as he stumbled back. His face had snapped to the side and his hand flew towards to touch it. He looked at me surprised but I could see his eyes getting angry. "Damn it Mina, I fucking told you its really me."

I glared, "You bastard! I know its really you." I shouted at him, I picked up the lamp that was set on the small table bedside me and flung it towards his head. He ducked in time and it crashed into a millions pieces against the wall. "You horrible, horrible bastard! How dare you! You-you awful, disgusting, inconsiderate, psychotic pig!" I grew angry when I realized I didn't have anything else to throw at him so I settled for the next big thing.

I tackled him to the floor when he had stepped towards me. I threw blows at his head, face, shoulders and chest. He tried ducking most of them and was also trying to grab hold of my hands that kept landing punches.

"Mina calm the fuck down!" He shouted.

"You come back after leaving me all alone a-and you expected a warm welcome? You abandoned me, you rat bastard! How dare you! How could you! I’ve been so alone and you’ve been living your life and now you’re back! You fucking jerk, I’ll kill you!! Fuck you!" I yelled back.

In a swift moment he rolled us over and grabbed onto my wrists tightly with one hand while the other gripped onto my jaw tightly. "Calm down." He seethed.

I glared, "Fine." Rage fueled me on the inside. My blood was boiling. I was waiting for him to let up a little pressure and then I would attack him again. How dare he?

"Baby, I know you're angry," He sighed and I snorted, "But you have to listen to me. You should hate me and never care again but you can't because you're as much in love with me as I am with you."

"How would you know?" I spat. I saw hurt flash through his eyes quickly then vanish and despite my anger, my heart tugged.

"Because you ran to Malibu to ask for me, he called me once he got home. From the first moment we met baby you knew that we were this going to be this way, and I can swear to you that if I had a chance to change everything, I would still make sure that I met you. You're mine baby, no matter what happens."
♠ ♠ ♠
"I will infect you, I will protect you, from all of the evil schemes.
Everything that you feel, is everything that I feel."